Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Varizone problems & range pictures >

Varizone problems & range pictures

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Varizone problems & range pictures

Old 05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Varizone problems & range pictures

Well I got out and put a little range time in with the Vortex.
Had some problems with the Varizone however. It wouldn't stay in focus. After each shot it would get all blury again. I emailedExcalibur and they are replacing my scope with a brand new one. No questions asked!! Gotta love that excellent customer service.... here are some pictures of 30 yard shots. Accuracy was definately still there...just blurry. I kinda hate having to take the scope off after having dialed in this good. This was shooting $2 aluminum 2219's that I bought at Gander out of their clearance "junk" box...lol

This was aiming at the center of the letters! Not too bad for super cheap arrows....

Old 05-30-2008, 11:10 PM

Default RE: Varizone problems & range pictures

I have the same set up and it is just as accurate. The blur problem is wired? I know you should look up at blue sky and adjust the reticle so it is sharp. Sometimes if you don't have it right, the focus will go In & Out (your eye seeing the target go in and out).

Let us know what you find - don't worry about re-dialing in. It should go fast.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Varizone problems & range pictures

It is weird.... cause the little I shot it last year I didn't have any problem. And it was kept inside in the closet. Not to hot or cold.

I sent it out to Dan Miller at Horizontal Archery yesterday. They are supposedly just going to replace it with a new one. That's what Excal told me. Hopefully he has one in stock so I can get it soon. Yea, you're right, it won't take long to sight back in. Actually it went really fast. I had it in less than 10 shots so that's real good. The Horton was a different story. It was accurate and all, just took awhile to get there with it. It's gone now, so I don't need to worry about that thing any more. Though I can't complain, it did kill me a nice doe!

chris