Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 RANGE REPORT on Handi- with accuracy problems. >

RANGE REPORT on Handi- with accuracy problems.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

RANGE REPORT on Handi- with accuracy problems.

Old 03-06-2004, 06:42 PM

Default RANGE REPORT on Handi- with accuracy problems.

I am the one who posted on the handi with possible lock up troubles. James B. and alot of you others have given me advise on this rifle as far as tinkering and I have utilized alot of it. I decided to hold out and continue putting rounds through it to see if it does settle down as up to this point all shooting has been very erratic, Shots going different places with no pattern or group. I remounted another Leupold last night to rule out the scope. I also polished the chamber and bore with some flitz and then cleaned out very good. I took it out today hoping for better results. I bore sighted it before going out and it took me about 3 shots at 50 yards to get it in the vicinity of the bullseye. The shots were still flying around. I shot about 3 more shots still with no pattern or group developing. I then shot 9 more shots which all went into about a 2 3/4" to 3" circle. 4 of then was holes in holes. I could tell because I could see the rounded out part of another bullet hole in the edge of the one before it. I did not have anymore ammo and it was starting to rain so thats all I know. At least it ended on a good note. I was wondering after you get alot of rounds through one and it settles down and begins to shoot good as many of you have had experience with, does it do it all of a sudden or is it a gradual thing? How does this sound to you all. Is there hope and is it just a matter of getting some more rounds through it???
Whitey
Old 03-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RANGE REPORT on Handi- with accuracy problems.

Try different ammo. Mine was picky to say the least. It shot mediocre groups with everything I tried...until I found the right ammo.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:23 PM

Try different loads, but it sounds like your gun will turn out find with good ammunition.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:48 PM

the next ammo you get try three or for differint brand like remington winchester fidarl ect and try them you may be shooting some thing that your gun don't like