Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 excalibur vari-zone scope >

excalibur vari-zone scope

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

excalibur vari-zone scope

Old 03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default excalibur vari-zone scope

Ive heard some good thing but also some bad things about this scope.Anyone have some experience with it or any overall review?

Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Default RE: excalibur vari-zone scope

I have both models, the varizone on my Vixen and the lumizone on my Phoenix. I love them both. Theyhave excellent clarity, eye reliefand not cluttered with all those lines as most crossbow scopes. The lumizone is probably worth the extra bucks regardless of whether you ever use the lighting capability it has to offer. That 42 mm lens really lets the light in on it's own as opposed to the 32 mm as the varizone hasand most of the other crossbow scopes on the market, too.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Bear in mind that I am a bit of a "freak" when comes to optics. I think they are of slightly better than mediocre quality and are not extremely durable. A good reason to buy them however is their price, chevrons that help at different ranges and they're undaunting warranty. I dropped by Elite scoped Phoenix the other day and all that happed was that the edge of the rear bell was dented. No change of impact even! The scope is a $600.00 scope however so that makes good reason for the Excal scopes. If I shot 3D then I would probably use a Lumizone.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one I tried it for awhile. I prefer the optics of a good rifle scope, and I can hit better with a XX cross hair, I use the ends of the wide cross hair for aim points and set the center at 27.5 yds this works well for me. Lee
Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

would it be good for hunting though?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, that's for sure!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

It's a good less than 100 yard scope. It's a bit big and thus hard to mount. Do a search for more reviews, including mine? PM me if you have any specific questions. If I don't know off the top of my head, I'll look at my scope or measure it off my scope.No, I won't freeze it and then bake it at 800F for you. Do that to your own scope!

Sure, I would not take my Burris XTR off my tactical rifle and exchange for this scope, but c'mon would you carry a crossbow with a Burris 3 - 12 x 50 XTR on it!!! The point is that the Lumizone fills the bill well for a crossbow specific scope. Everything from magnification, to reticle, to scope dimensions is designed to be a crossbow scope. It is not a respec'd rifle or shotgun scope.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

10 to 50, kinda nifty. Had 3-4 V-zones, one L-zone nary a problem.