Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Vari Zone!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vari Zone!

Brown truck came up my driveway and put the new vari zone scope in my hand. I took rifle scope off and have put new one on and will be resighting in B'Heads. Not today have a run now and 2 tomorrow![]
Old 09-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vari Zone!

Gotta love the big brown truck, it's like Santa in disguise. Will be waiting to hear how you like your marvel, lol.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mke, if you see a difference I'll reserve your strings for the rest of my life! LOL! Let us know how you like it. I have one on my Vixen and it just isn't good enough when the sun goes down and its magic hour. On the other hand many people like the different yardage lines.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

I'm waiting for the brown bus as well. Don what scope do you prefer on you bow?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I hate saying it but I just donno, I keep on switching. All I can tell you is that I like rifle scopes because the better ones give me more light. Currently I have a B&L 1.5 X 6 X 36 Elite 4200 which gives me lots of light at magic hour (the last half an hour after sunset). I am thinking about using one of my Nikon 30mm scopes because it might give me more light. Sorry Roger but I have not found the perfect scope. I know one thing, there isn't one "crossbow" scope that cuts the mustard at magic hour! When I find it I will let you know for sure.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dnk
you could try one of the starlight or infrared rifle scopes from midway. Can hunt right till the last second befor quiting time with them. Lee
Old 09-14-2006, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

I have one on my Vixen and it just isn't good enough when the sun goes down and its magic hour.
I used it the other night and thought that it did well in the low light. Are you sure you are not hunting just a tad to late?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ok young buck! LOL!! Geeeze you're bad! Nope, I often get stuck in a small opening in the woods and when the sun goes down it gets way to dark for anything but the brightest scope. Its even worse when there's cloud cover. Ok Squirrel bite Jason's ankles!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

Dnk
you could try one of the starlight or infrared rifle scopes from midway. Can hunt right till the last second befor quiting time with them. Lee
Lee, they are illegal here in Ontario, the use or even possession of them in the field leads to a big fat ticket. Second best thing is the Halo. With both eyes open anyone you can see lots even in the last few minutes.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: Sounds like you need that 10 pt w/ red or green dots on the reticules. Thats what I'd have if the V-zones weren't available. To be honest, when you have a pie tin size kill zone, they are close enough no matter the bow or speed. I just like the pin point no hold [generally] of the v-zone, but I range every shot, if you know what I mean, lol.

Quick Reply: Vari Zone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.