Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Where is your bow made? >

Where is your bow made?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Where is your bow made?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Where is your bow made?

Hey guys, when you buy a crossbow from an American manufacturer do you assume it made in the US? I was reading at AT, with great surprise that that:
"the moguls at PSE began importing a Taiwanese bow that had been in the US in very limited numbers. The first two years required a lot of improvements and re-design of components to bring it up to American standards, which the manufacturer was more than willing to do, and the 2007 and 2008 models have been exiremely reliable models with decent performance and great value. If you haven't tried the Rattler, you are denying yourself a great shooting experienice."
I assume Ten Point does not do this sort of thing do they Randy?

Old 03-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Where is your bow made?

Made in the USA. We have a few components like the scope that are made over seas, but if it can be made here in the U.S. it is. We try to keep parts local, then at a state level and then U.S. They get put together right out back by about 20 hard working individuals. Click on the link below if you want more details.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/Press3.asp

Randy
Old 03-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I don't have to look. I assumed it was that way. Besides Randy, your word is gold!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

My crossbow is an import from Canada.
As far as PSE the last 2 bows I bought with the PSE logo on them (Kingfisher T/D recurve & Silverhawk compound) were made in Tiawan. Don't know any manufacturing details, but both are good quality in relation to the price. Finish is not great, but they are functional. Someone warned me the Silverhawk would screech when an arrow was drawn, and it did. It was not the bow, it was the cheap plastic arrow rest furnished with it. I replaced it with a Bear WeatherRest and the problem was solved. A couple catwhiskers on the string and it's quiet as most other compounds now. The Kingfisher was purchased for bowfishing, so finish isn't a big concern to me. It will (hopefully)be covered in mud,scum, and fish slime anyway.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shucky darn both of my Excals are made in Canada. Guess i don't even own a CB or Bow of any kind made in USA.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excal = Canada, close enough I guess...
Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

The only reason I brough this up is that with an car I have an adversion when it comes to buying the first year of any model because of the various and many production changes. So when buying a crossbow that has a potential of injury or spoiling a shot of a life time or maybe a trip of a life time one might want to see if the bow was made off-shore. The "insider' that posted the information indicated that there were a lot of changes made to bring a bow up to American standards. This was just a buyer beware post, that's all.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=646463
Interesting reading, donno how much stock to put into this "insider's" information but its there for you guys to read.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't mention it, but my local pro-shop owner/operator who sells PSE compounds exclusively will not sell PSE crossbows. He handles Excalibur, TenPoint, Horton, Barnett (and probably a few others), but told me PSE crossbows have too many safety & reliability issues for him to sell them.