Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Anybody still deer hunting? >

Anybody still deer hunting?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Anybody still deer hunting?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Spike

Default RE: Anybody still deer hunting?

Hotburn,
Turnips did OK... they hit them early, then didn't touch them the rest of the season. Not sure what happened there. I was always told the opposite... they'll hit them after the first frost. There are not a whole lot of deer up here anyways, but I still thought I'd be able to draw them in with that. It just seems hard to draw when they have hay fields, cut corn, soybeans, etc at every farm they come across. I wasn't able to get out at all the last few days... got stuck at work a couple of times and didn't get home until 5 - 5:30. I'm in here this morning, but don't have to stay all day, hopefully I'll be sitting out there tonight. Take care, Jeff
Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Spike

Ohio here too. Hope to make it out this week. Calling for temps around the forty & fiftys this week. Good luck all.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Spike

Well boys we are down to the last week here in the buckeye. Like said earlier in this thread the days are getting longer,but the deer still dont seem to move till about dark. Guess that means we can work a little over time LOL and still get a hunt in. I scouted Sat. and found agood crossing they have been using on the way to standing corn and set up a tent blind,it's in some thick sapplings close to a bedding area. I like hunting out of this type of blind with the Horton because I can set it down,move around a little to stay warm and still be consealed. Good luck to all you diehards still out there trying to fill one.