Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

blazers!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: blazers!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Cossack

Thanks for the tip HH. Never ceases to amaze me the wealth of information that comes form this site.
The GoatTuff glue really works great for me. I keep two bottles going. One with a very fine hole in tip for fletching and the other one (a previously used "fletching tube") with a larger hole to use on nocks and inserts. I tried LocTite gel too. It holds very well but found it very unforgiving for set time. If I don't have the vanes exactly right when I close the AZ...so sorry, that's where they stay. The GT gives me several seconds to get things right if necessary and slip the collar on but still holds well. And I can still remove the bolt from the jig in less than a minute. To each his own for sure.
But for sure 'm not going back to wraps after doing the lacquer thing.
I won't go to wraps either. The Lacquer is such a piece of cake, and easy to clean up. Here is what my arrows look like:

I tested these two glues by submerging for one week underwater and then trying to pull off the vanes with a pair of pliers

Bob
Old 01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: blazers!!!!!!

Oh yea, the big secret about these overpriced glues is that they are really just repackaged super glue. At a hobby store you can find all drying times, viscosities, debonders, accelerators, etc. The hardware store, Odd Lots, Walmart will have smaller selections, but cheaper prices.