Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Review[s] of "Boo" Strings >

Review[s] of "Boo" Strings

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Review[s] of "Boo" Strings

Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Review[s] of "Boo" Strings

On the Excal site, home of some real tweakers, lol. Interesting reading for you Excal shooters!! http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19885 Congrats Don!![Dnk]
Old 11-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Review[s] of "Boo" Strings

Yep Don has a good thing going, just ordered one of his strings with the cat whiskers on them, can wait to play with it on the Chrony!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey DNK, Francis and i met today when i give him 6 1/2 boxes of shotgun shells. He said thanks fer the great String!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

where do you get a Boo string?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

From Boo!! Sorry couldn't resist, he goes by "Dnk" or Don here, pm him.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Here is the link from the Excal forum for prices and how to order. He now uses PayPal which I think makes it alot simpler for him and us. Just send him a PM and he will give you his PayPal name and you can pay. I have my second one on the way and am looking forward to it!

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18801

Here is the link to a Italian site that is using his strings, they say his is the best they have used!

http://www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org/INGLESE/Main0.html

On the last link just scroll down and look for the BOO String test link and it will tell you all about it.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:56 PM

Just opened the mail and I had my BOO string in it today! The cat whiskers look top notch! Can't wait to see it on the CB. Will have to wait until Thursday afternoon since I am hunting Thursday morning and work tomorrow and Wednesday and can not shoot it before Thursdays hunt. Can't wait to try it!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:40 PM

My overtime for the first half of today was canceled so I was able to shoot the Boo 36 strand Excel string with cat whiskers served on. The string shot at 309 FPS compared to a BOO FFF string of 319 FPS. It was alot quieter then the other three strings I have had on the vortex, more like athud and not the normal loud whack sound. At this point not sure if the cat whiskers is what I will need in the future though. I like the way they look. They make the CB alot quieter. Will it make enough difference in a hunting situation? Even if it did, the nice loud click of the CB being recockedwould defeat it. Makes it alot quieter for shooting in the back yard, the neighbor two houses down does not peak his head around garage giving me a funny look. The one hunting situation that I do think may be good is if you shoot a tree rat the entire woods will not hear you. I like the cat whiskers, Don has done a good job with them. I am not a speed freak, at least I don't think so, but not sure if the 10 FPS is worth giving up for them. Also first time I ever was able to hear my arrow that good in flight! LOL!!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Four deer down and accounted for. I have only tweaked the twists once since getting the string and it has stretched a little but I did not bother to shorten. It might be getting a little close to the lower hash mark but the deer don't seem to mind and the Excal does not care either out to 30 yards.IT is a lot tougher than the factory strings I had been using and the serving is still like new..

I'm guessing Jason had his new string with the whiskers on it when he popped his buck. That will sure guarantee a good review
Old 11-09-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Planter
I'm guessing Jason had his new string with the whiskers on it when he popped his buck. That will sure guarantee a good review
It sure was! I was happy to see that the does out in the open area did not bust when I shot! Like I said above, its more like a thud and not the normal crack sharp sound! I like it, but still need to play with it more and get Don some data.