Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 My sons first CB harvest...just turned 7 years old! >

My sons first CB harvest...just turned 7 years old!

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

My sons first CB harvest...just turned 7 years old!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My sons first CB harvest...just turned 7 years old!

Way to go!!! I'm happy for the two of you. That's the best!

chris
Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and WELCOME,hope you have many more enjoyable hunts with the young one's...
Old 10-23-2007, 08:22 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

thats awesome...

my son is 12 this year and its his first year to legally hunt, he has a pretty high interest in it but unfortunately it seems like he has a little higher interest in other things in life right now, and those things usually take priority
Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Spike

Hotburn76
I work at the grain elevator in Maumee, so the walleye run is not foreign to me, but never really got into the whole river thing. Fished a LOT as a kid and I guess I got burned out. No desire to even pick up a pole. On the way to work during that 2-3 weeks I see license plates from all over the midwest... it's really a circus down there. I cross the Maumee bridge coming to work and the 475 bridge on the way home, so I see everyone. (even the game wardens hiding in the weeds with spotting scopes looking for snaggers!)

As far as the turnips, I'll report back to you guys. I've never seen a plant come up so fast. I planted them approx. Labor Day and got that 5" downpour the next day. Figured my plot was toast... 3 days later the turnips were up and rolling! Once it got hot, they grew like something out of amovie...When the leaves were small,the cam was showing deer hitting that field like it was made with sugar or something.. it was crazy. They seemed to have slowed as of late. My buddy tells me the sugar in the leaves change after a freeze and in late winter they'll start hitting that again. I'm seeing a few weeds in my plot... I'd like to bushhog it down and get some new growth and kill the weeds, but I don't if the turnips leaves will make a recovery before it gets too cold.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats fine looking young man you have there!Nice deer to!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to both of you and welcome to the forum!! That has to rank as best first post ever on here! The kids are the future for all of us. Great story and pics, thanks!!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

That is awsome, my son is seven as well and just started this year. I had him out last Saturday for his first hunt had a great time, even though nothing was seen until we stepped out of the blind. With any luck this weekend will be better. Tell your son congrats!!!! The best of luck to the both of you.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Spike

Very cool.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Awesome Post!!!! I even read this to my boys. Hopefully the rain will let up some tomorrow and we will have a chance to get out and hunt some...Congratulations to both of you-Chris
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Spike

I really appreciate all the posts guys... I sat my son down today after school and read them all to him. He was all ears and all smiles! I tell you what, the internet sure makes this world a small place... you can sure "meet" some friendly, polite folks on these different websites!

Sat behind the old straw bale again tonight... passed on a decent 6 point. I'll give him a year or two to grow up.

On a side note, I'll be taking the Horton down to Coshocton County this weekend to hunt with a close friend. He moved into a new house in Sept. w/ some great hunting land surrounding it and wants my family to come down. He's all excited about getting me all set up, I just laugh and tell him, give me my turkey hunting outfit with a sweatshirt underneath, judge the wind and look around fora good spot to "disappear" ! (downed trees, holes, behind bales, etc) That's one thing I really like about these crossbows... I don't feel tied down to a treestand, I can go just about anywhere. Havea good night guys! Jeff

Quick Reply: My sons first CB harvest...just turned 7 years old!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.