Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Need a small/kid sized crossbow >

Need a small/kid sized crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need a small/kid sized crossbow

Old 10-10-2007, 12:05 PM

Default RE: Need a small/kid sized crossbow

I would assume this is just for target practice at a range with other kids and adults not for field useright? If so the apex would be the way to go IMO. I can not find the listed weight of that CB, but Excal's have been one of the lightest that I have ever held and it looks to be smaller which I think would make it lighter, a big factor for a kid. If you want something for a kid that you may want to hunt with also, thenTen Point makes a CB that is supposed to be adjustable for kids and smaller people with adjustable forearm length and draw weight. Not sure on the weight of it, but it is out there, maybe randy can chime in with some info on it. Excal also has the vixen which I have never held, but the guys say they have a shorter pull and stock made for small people, but it is a regular hunting CB made for the field, which may be to much for the little guy to handle.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd stay away from the pistol bows. Too toy-like. Wouldn't want you child to think that X bow is a toy.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup the Parker Fireball And Ten Pts. Slider and possibly Excals Apex are yer choices.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:38 AM

I also forgot to mention Horton has a New CB out called the Scout HD 125. It is a smaller CB, one of Horton's smallest Ones with being only 29" long and 25" wide. Low poundage of 125# and a compound style that may be easier for him to cock. It is made just for kids and women or people of smaller stature, but still has speeds of 250 FPS and 60# KE. That may be a good choice.