Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 beman/easton bolts >

beman/easton bolts

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

beman/easton bolts

Old 10-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Default beman/easton bolts

are beman/easton thunder bolts any good i was going to get some and try them out of my parker any you guys ever tryem let me know please i need youer well full of knolege once again thanks jaime
Old 10-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Spike

Default RE: beman/easton bolts

[align=left]I did a dozen easton carbon bolts for my exocet, everyone will shoot a quarter bull off of sandbags at 20 yards, got a doe with them, went 50 yards. I will buy more when I need some.

Good luck, Stosh
[/align]
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Planter uses the store bought Eastons and has good results with them. But I have never used any, at least not ones with the easton name on them.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to buy those easton power bolts just like Planter.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:37 AM

I bought a dozen and love em. When you hunt in Arkansas everytime
you shoot,you hit rocks. You can't miss em, wreck the broadheads but
not the powerbolts. They came with 5" vanes and I replace them when
needed with 4".
Old 10-15-2007, 08:02 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

easton powerbolts and beman thunderbolts are the same arrow just different name

I shoot beman thunderbolts and found that they need a little work to get the most out of them, but then again I'm probably a little more picky than most guys

heres a quote I made in a previous thread...
I havent used carbon arrows much so my knowledge of them is limited, I've always used alumin, but in my phoenix I'm shooting beman thunderbolts with 4" feathers set at a 5 deg offset, theaded inserts for nocks and 125gr points(NAP thunderhead broadheads) I went with 125 gr points and threaded inserts instead of solid nocks to get the FOC balance a little better, even though it turned out that the beman/easton threaded inserts actually weight slightly more than the solid nocks they use I still needed the threaded inserts for my fletchingjig, the FOCstill ended up being around 12%, which isnt bad, and I ended up with an arrow weight of around 438gr

as isthey shoot great out of my bow, no in-flight goofiness, straight line impact on the target, and good groupings

I also have a set of alumin 2216's set up the same way as my carbons, just in case I decide I dont care for the carbon arrows and want to switch,set up like they are they weigh around 438gr also(almost the exact same weight as the carbons)with a FOC of around 11% so there isnt much difference between the two, in fact they both perform pretty much exactly the same, and equally well, butfor now I think I'm going to stick with the carbons and see how they work out
I like the carbons, they seems to be accurate enough and tough/durable enough, butto tell the truth I'm still not sure that alumin arrows arent the way to go, I just seems to get a little better fight and a little more accuracy from alumin arrows, its hardly noticable but sometimes I justlike the alumin arrows better and I see myself switching back to them in the near future