Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Michelle's good eating sized hog >

Michelle's good eating sized hog

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Michelle's good eating sized hog

Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Michelle's good eating sized hog

We had a little rain this morning so tracking hogs was fairly easy,starting out we didn't see any sign at all ,but off in the distant we heard a pig squeal.With a good North West wind we headed in the general direction of the squealing with the wind in our face! We had traveled about a 1/4 of a mile when Michelle froze and said : I heard a pig close! We stood there looking hard into the brush ,then we saw them several of them. One topped a small hill just in front of us,Michelle got her 7mm mag to her shoulder and fired! Down he went a perfect eating sized 75-80 pound hog.Michelle handed me her 7 mag and we kept moving,another 1/4 of a mile found us in dense cover with the scent of hogs thick in the air,just then we saw them,but not before they spotted us,I got on one just as he stopped.He turned slightly as I pulled the trigger and instead of catching him in the neck he got a Texas Heart shot with a 7 mag! lets just say what a 7 mag does to a 30 pound hog doesn't make for good pictures! Now for the chore of getting them back to the truck!
I also found a nice set of cutters laying near an old hog carcass!

Old 10-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Michelle's good eating sized hog

Nice pig. IMO, that is the perfect size for eating.