Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Range Finder mount and Video? >

Range Finder mount and Video?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Range Finder mount and Video?

Old 09-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Range Finder mount and Video?

Mainly for Dan, but any who know I would like your feed back. Have you heard of anyone using the scope mounted range finder mount for a camera. I am wanting to film my own hunts this year and thought it would work good for it, but not sure if you had any feedback on it.Seen in the other forums on video doing it by yourself is hard with either missing the shots or getting busted messing with camera. Thought this would be a good hands free way to do it. I also assume I have to take my scope off to first install the range finder ring?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Range Finder mount and Video?

Hey Hotburn, I have the rangefinder mount. Not sure about using a video camera on it, has a warning that your not even suppose to leave the rangefinder on it while shooting as it may cause damage from the recoil. Pretty sure you have to remove your scope to attatch the ring, but you can remove the mounting plate w/e you want. I have hardly used mine and that valcros already starting to peel off the mounting plate. Good concept, might come in handy during bow season for them open field shots, for the price I guess you get what you pay for. Hope this helps.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, never got around to testing a video cam on rf mount, mainly because I don't have one. Can't help y'all there, but Wally World will take anything back, lol.I can tell y'all this. the prototype rf mount I sent Excal did not have the rubber shock absorber on it, they came up w/ that. I used the cheapest rf Bushnell sells, and clocked over 1200 shots w/ it installed on my Emax.I lost the rf and a prototype mount on a hog hunt in La. last year, the ring screw came loose on the dang thing on back of 4 whlr and it was a gone pecan. You normally have to pop scope off to install 3rd ring for rf mount, however there is one brand of rings out there at again, Wally World that have two piece tops that will articulate onto scope w/o removal. I've found you can take scope off and on and only be a click or two off anyhow, no biggie. I got the 2" velco [Canadian invention, btw] at Wally World, they got it in 6' lengths in sewing depts, should be enough to last a few seasons, lol. If any one does try a video cam on it, i'd be very interested in the results.

Edited to add; if you are going to try a cam on it, you might want to use a 30mm ring vs 1" [25 mm] and put a rubber wrap around scope between it and ring. The diff between 1" and 30 mm is about .200" total or .100" on a side.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

i take my camcorder along and usually take film of buck before season and during hunt..i lost a nice 8 point 3 years ago, i was filmimg and he got out of my 25 yd limit to shoot..

i got him next year and his horns were about same except much thicker,i did not think he would make it to 4 years on stateforestland.