Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Specs on the Excal Range Finder Mount? >

Specs on the Excal Range Finder Mount?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Specs on the Excal Range Finder Mount?

Old 09-29-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Specs on the Excal Range Finder Mount?

I just ordered the Range finder mount and plan on mounting my New Camcorder on it. Was looking at them on the net and others will do about the same thing but cost 100 bucks! So it looks like the Excal one is the best one IMO. It also looks to have the most vibration stuff in it too. But to the point of my question, what is the top plate dimensions of it. Could not find the specs for it on any sites. And I assume it comes with the Velcro to mount stuff with? Trying to be non partial, but I think there is one person who has a set of prints on these! LOL!! Thanks, Jason.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Specs on the Excal Range Finder Mount?

4" by 2" Jason.. put mine on about a week ago..

Everything you need comes with it, including the Velcro, it is very well built, the shock absorbsion pad is pretty cool.. I have to say though, I have my doubts as to whether it is safe to run a camera on it though.. If it were me I would consider making some form of wrap for the camera too, like neoprene or something to help absorb the shock. I am sure it will be fine but every little bit helps.I am looking forward to watching your results!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:35 AM

Made the post and seen you on Dave and was hoping for a early morning hit! LOL!! I thought you or Don had one. That should be about perfect! Thanks for the quick answer!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:39 AM

I bought the four year extended warranty that includes the spill your coffee on it and still get a new one, just for that reason. I was worried at first too, but after looking at a couple on the net I think Dans will be fine. I think the Velcro will also act as a buffer. If it breaks then I can get a new one and say I helpus learn! LOL!!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Good job with the warranty thing, considering what you are about to put this thing through..You are right, the velcro will help act as a buffer.

Don't get Don started on things that connect to his bows..
Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, you might try this. Excal will send you a 1" ring w/ rf mount. That's 25 mm. You can use a 30 mm ring instead w/ a wrap of rubber between it and scope. The diff between 25 mm and 30 mm is about .200", so a piece of 1/8" thick rubber should work, although I've never tried it.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the advice Dan, May try that on the second one if need be! LOL!! But I would like to try it as is, so you and Excal can have feedback on how it does with a camera. Will I need to stick the Velcro to my camera directly? If so I assume it is permanently on there? I have a tripod mounting hole, may have to make a aluminum adapter plate with a screw for the camera and then put Velcro on it.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Thanks for the advice Dan, May try that on the second one if need be! LOL!! But I would like to try it as is, so you and Excal can have feedback on how it does with a camera. Will I need to stick the Velcro to my camera directly? If so I assume it is permanently on there? I have a tripod mounting hole, may have to make a aluminum adapter plate with a screw for the camera and then put Velcro on it.
That sounds like a good idea as you would then be able to articulate the camera left to right w/o having to fight the velcro! I'm real interested in how it works for ya, almost to the point of borrowing a vid cam from Mal-Warty, lol. If it wasn't for having to fight my puter...........lol.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:15 AM

Tuesday I will start harassing the mail box with anticipation. As soon as it gets here I will mount it and shoot at target just to get some feedback on it. Can't wait!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont get too excited and forget to put a arrow on [].....If you do we will have good footage of a dry fire.......

Quick Reply: Specs on the Excal Range Finder Mount?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.