Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Range Finder mount,  Looking cool! >

Range Finder mount, Looking cool!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Range Finder mount, Looking cool!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Range Finder mount, Looking cool!

Well my range finder mount came today and it is fine little tool to have. Looks pretty cool and is alot smaller then I originally thought it was. I like the size so I am not saying that as a bad thing. When I first asked about it Iwas happy when Dave said it was the size it is. Anyways, the camera will work pretty good on it. I have to make a plate to mount to the camera so as I do not have to put the Velcro on it, and pivot the camera if need be. But here is what it looks like with the camera on it. Have to work the next two nights, but If I can get the plate and not sleep to much after work tonight I will maybe get some target footage tomorrow. Thanks Dan!

Old 10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Range Finder mount, Looking cool!

So Jason how does it shoot ?...
Looks cool....
Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well now thats going to work good. Film yer own hunts!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Looking good!
All cameras digital/video/SLR have the same 3/8" NC threading in the bottom, a nice little plate with that will do wonders for you.. You could thread the Velcro plate to the bottom of that very cool looking video camera and simply slap it on as you head out.. Nothing permanent..
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

That looks real sweet. I hope you get some hunting action to share soon. If I remember right you have a trail camera mounted somewhere as well. Do you have a deer picked out that visits your spot yet? I think it would be cool to have a specific deer in mind and get the whole thing on tape.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a little tip on the rf mount. If you get one to use w/ rf, try to position the 3rd ring so back of rf mount is even w/ back of scope. I've found in order for it to work at it's best, your rf needs to be fairly even w/ back of scope.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:13 AM

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I did not get plate made. Never found a scrap piece of aluminum to do it with. Will try to get a piece today that I can use. Got permission from Maintenance boss man to use tools will go in early tonight or stay over to get mount done. I have a hunt planned for me and dad Friday evening and Saturday morning so I need to get it done ASAP. I also want to at least get it done and get some practice footage for you.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Now that looks super duper Jason , yes it does.
Fast question though....did you have to take the scope off so you could get the new mounting rings on ?
I'm curious to see how the " jolt " affects the DVD recording at that instant.

I had my Sony 108 for about 9 mos , when they first came out.....never a problem , and I'd say I made about 40 dvd's.
What I do then is burn them to a big dvd.....3 disk of the 20 min( HQ setting ) recordings make for an hour of quality viewing.
BOB
Old 10-04-2007, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: BOB7255KHZ
Fast question though....did you have to take the scope off so you could get the new mounting rings on ?
I was hoping I would not have to, but yes I did. Just came back from the Local Farm store with some aluminum so I can make mount. That stuff is not cheap! LOL!! But as soon as I am done getting my HNI fix I am going to the back yard to check and reset the scope since I did have to take it off.

I'm curious to see how the " jolt " affects the DVD recording at that instant.
You, Me and everyone else in here is!! I am hoping it will be ok. After seeing the stuff on the range finder mount I fell pretty good about it, but I do wander about that "instant" the bow shoots what happens. I bought a four year spill your coffee, run over it with the car warranty so if it breaks, lessoned learned and I will try something else.

I had my Sony 108 for about 9 mos , when they first came out.....never a problem , and I'd say I made about 40 dvd's.
What I do then is burn them to a big dvd.....3 disk of the 20 min( HQ setting ) recordings make for an hour of quality viewing.
BOB
Do you still use the camera? IF not, why and what are you using now?

Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 AM

Yesss still have the dvd 108 ... use it all the time.

Quick Reply: Range Finder mount, Looking cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.