Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Who all keeps a journal? >

Who all keeps a journal?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Who all keeps a journal?

Old 06-29-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Who all keeps a journal?

Was just curious who all keeps a hunting journal. This year I plan on starting one but could not find a good one that I liked. I ran across this in the regular forum and thought it looked pretty nice, maybe to nice. Although with my current spending I did not go for the leather journal itself but instead just bought the refill pages. They came just the other day and are pretty nice. The front Page is full of info like place, date, weather, moon and everything you can think of. Then the back is blank and full of lines for telling the story of the day.

Here is the link to the site. And a up close sample pic.

http://www.roydenleather.com/store/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=121162910854121 1&Store_id=132&page_id=23&Item_ID=23 5

Old 06-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who all keeps a journal?

I use the same log book as the boaters use. Waterproof so I can take it with me and put a few notes in while I am in the woods. Like to addinfo about spots that the GPS just won't hold. Use the GPS long enough and I can't tell one spot from another. The boaters logs come in just about every size you can imagine. >>>>>>>>Whack!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Journals are great. I think they keep one informed about what to watch for next season and when. I've kept one for three years now. Date, time, what I saw, shot, or how many and what sex they were. 2004 for me was slow. 2005 was great! 2006 was a little slow. In my area and hunting experence, every other year seems good. Sooo, 2007 should, by all acounts be another good year for me.I can't wait. And I know just where I want to hunt also, because my journal tells the whole story. Just my 2 cents worth.
BBO
Old 06-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would keep one but being unabled to read write or spell well just the pits![][:-][8D]
Old 06-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me Jason.... That is one serious log you got going and I just want to know how many mature bucks you see vs. inmature?? I wish that was my problem.>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>Whack!!! Most of the stuff in that sample log is pretty useless don't you think.
Does the super 8 hotel count as a campsite???
Old 06-30-2007, 06:48 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

I dont keep one but I know a few guys who do, the main one that comes to mind is extremely thorough, almost to taking the fun out of it,

journals are a little too much trouble for me, besides, I cant remember anythingto begin with so I wouldnt even remember what I'd wrote down after a couple years anyway

Old 07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

I keep one. A small notepad that fits in my pack with a Fisher space pen. I keep track of time, location weather and lots of other stuff, helps keep me sane if I end up sitting for too long.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Id keap 1 but i kant undursand whot I rite like a weezile we knowed wo aint heer nnoomore sew youns doit
annyone whant a wining pm?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:31 AM

Thats bad Don! He is still here just dormant! I get nosey every once and a while and check his profile, he logs in from time to time. But all the less whining is nice! LOL!! I think Dan misses all the PMs though!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

no need fer me two keep 1 ov them ther things Iz onle hunt twenty akers..

If I hunted a bigger area I would more then likly take notes for the 1st 2 yrs or so,but Ive been on the same 20 acrers for 10 yrs.....all by myself.