Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Adding a scope to my X-bow >

Adding a scope to my X-bow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Adding a scope to my X-bow

Old 12-25-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Adding a scope to my X-bow

Hi- New member here and also new to the crossbow. I just bought a Horton Explorer 150 which has the red dot sight. Yesterday I bought "The Block" target and got to shoot a few bolts.

At this point, I think I already don't like the red dot and am considering a scope. It appears to me that the red dot is mounted directly to the dial-a-range device on a tiny dove tail rail. What will I need other than the scope and rings to mount one? I am assuming I will need a different base mount for the larger rings to attach to.

Thanks for any help.
Rick
Old 12-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Adding a scope to my X-bow

There will be several Horton owners on that will help you out on the setup. I reckon you will need a set of Horton scope rings that fit the rail. The dail a range tends to move alot with most Hortons and causes arrow sight in problems.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you use an xbow scope, you may want to pin the dial-a-range in one position, as you won't need it, and like Smoke said, lots of guys have problems w/ it shifting. There was a post on AT awhiile back on how to do it, I think I pasted it on here somewhere, if you are interested.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:23 AM

Awshucks-
Thanks. If you could find that post, I would really like to read about it.
Thanks,
Rick
Old 12-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

[/align]__________________

Ok Guys I Shoot a Horton. I have taken the scope off and you can take the rail off under the rail there are two screws attaching the non piviting part to the stock. Remove the back screw and put the piviting part back on. Then put the dial range to where your 20 line works IE 1 or 2. Then take a long screw and put it right through the piviting part into the stock it will lock the Dial range where ever you set it before installing the screw. then just use your multi range and forget the dial range. That seems to be the best solution and it stays solid for ever.. Good luck
[/align]__________________

[/align][/align][/align]