Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Why do you use a crossbow? >

Why do you use a crossbow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why do you use a crossbow?

Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 PM

Default RE: Why do you use a crossbow?

Pydpiper, Thats a truly honest statement and a great reason to use a crossbow. To everyone else, I am sorry if I came off wrong but I get tired of people downing the disabled when they don't know anything about them. How would you feel if you could not do the things that you normally would not give a second thought to doing? Think about it before you make or even think about making a negitive remark about the disabled. Do you know what might happen to your health in the future? I sure did'nt. Again I do appoligize If I offended anyone.Well Ithink it's time I got off my soapbox.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fnicoletti
If it doe's not effect you in any way then SHUT UP and mind your own business!
I love the way you think! I just wish others would live it!
Don
Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

We all have our reason(s)why we hunt with crossbow.I thought I would never have to use a crossbow but now I do.....
Hay guys they want to move my surgery up to June 20th.....But I think I want to hold off until the busy part of the boating season is over.I would have to wear the neck/head brace for 8 weeks......YUK !!!!!!!!.
Ive put up with the pain and numbness this long myles well hold off as long as I can.........I dont think the Doc is happy with me........He say's Iam walking a thin line....
Old 05-01-2007, 09:01 PM

Four months old and still gets posted on! Someone likes to search and read!! LOL!!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont think the Doc is happy with me........He say's Iam walking a thin line....
My vet (when he starts treating me like a human instead of a dog, I'll start calling him a doctor )is the same way. Only I don't walk the thin line. I can only totter. [8D]

Old 05-02-2007, 09:47 AM

I use a crossbow because I have an injury that prevents my using a vert. bow. I have an Excal Vixen, and now I wouldn't want to use a vert. bow unless there were no other choice. As for the disabled thing, don't get me started.........
Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

We all have our reason(s)why we hunt with crossbow.I thought I would never have to use a crossbow but now I do.....
Hay guys they want to move my surgery up to June 20th.....But I think I want to hold off until the busy part of the boating season is over.I would have to wear the neck/head brace for 8 weeks......YUK !!!!!!!!.
Ive put up with the pain and numbness this long myles well hold off as long as I can.........I dont think the Doc is happy with me........He say's Iam walking a thin line....
Ranger: I had to fight an insurance co. to get my shoulder operated on, ended up paying for it myself [half up front $4000] and the whole shebang cost me alot of the use of right arm. DON'T wait!!

Alot of us are the same. We are fascinated by "Launchers" From a BB gun, Whammo sling shots, blow guns,real guns, vert bows, xbows, all dogs that bark here and bite over yonder.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya AW.....My 1st surgery 10 yrs ago on my C5-C6 took 4 times,getting called in then sent home.Finaly they went thru with the surgery...It was a bad deal.
Hopefully this time it wil be easier.....I hope.....
Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I just had my first shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago. I'm hoping for some relief. I'm starting to think about selling off my guns. Don't think I want to go through the trauma any more. Now I have to decide on knee replacement. Maybe get myself out of my wheelchair. Just as long as I can still hunt.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya there GH.
Ive been thinking of selling off my shotguns,Tikka 30-06,50 cal BP,one of my 30-30's and afew other ones and just keeping my Ar's and my 9mm one 40mm and my 22's..I dont know if my neck will take the shock after surgery and I dont want to lose anymore movement so Iam thinking of playing it safe...
I dont know if you saw were I posted that even cranking the acu draw hurts after acouple of arrows,but I refuse to not bowhunt,Iam also useing a steddy eddy so I dont have to extend my arm out sofare to hold my crossbow.....

Quick Reply: Why do you use a crossbow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.