Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Got my fingers crossed "Updated FOUND!!!" >

Got my fingers crossed "Updated FOUND!!!"

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Got my fingers crossed "Updated FOUND!!!"

Old 11-04-2006, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Got my fingers crossed

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

My dad hit a great quartering away shot on his doe, it deflected off a rib and went to the back leg, the arrow never came out. It did TONS of damage because the broadhead almost sawed through the legbone because it was exiting there, and the inside of the arrow was poking around because of the leg moving. That doe didnt go 70 yards before we found her and only tracked an hour later. Good luck and check in the morning. It wouldnt hurt to have someone else help!
Hey Thomas, what B-head was your dad using?
Old 11-04-2006, 09:17 PM

Also forgot to post on the deer. If you hit him right in the middle there is a good chance you hit liver. You did the best thing that is the hardest thing for hunters to do by leaving the area. Go out in the morning with your bow and be as quite as you can and look for the trail and try tracking him. You may jump him up and get a shot off at him if he is not dead. If you hit the liver he is a dead deer and will bleed out by morning, if you gut shot him it may take one or two days, but don't give up and look real good and keep your eyes open ahead of you in case he jumps up. Also, how far away was he? I have never heard of a CB not getting a complete pass through except for bone shots, also what is your bow?
Old 11-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

It was a 20 yard shot with a Horton legend 150 with 100 grain Nap spitfire b-head. With the same xbow I had a pass through at 17 yards on a doe last year , but with a muzzy 4 blade. Maybe the blades didnt expand correctly or it hit a rib.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

My dad hit a great quartering away shot on his doe, it deflected off a rib and went to the back leg, the arrow never came out. It did TONS of damage because the broadhead almost sawed through the legbone because it was exiting there, and the inside of the arrow was poking around because of the leg moving. That doe didnt go 70 yards before we found her and only tracked an hour later. Good luck and check in the morning. It wouldnt hurt to have someone else help!
Hey Thomas, what B-head was your dad using?
It was a 125 gr. thunder out of a 2219 xx75 aluminum and a horton legend 150
Old 11-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pwrsrtk350

It was a 20 yard shot with a Horton legend 150 with 100 grain Nap spitfire b-head. With the same xbow I had a pass through at 17 yards on a doe last year , but with a muzzy 4 blade. Maybe the blades didnt expand correctly or it hit a rib.
I have complete confidence in those Spitfires pwrsrtk350. Even if the BH just entered 3 inches into the buck, it opened up and started cutting. You WILL find him and way to go by backing out and letting the monster die. Good sportsmanship there.
BBO
Old 11-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

ORIGINAL: pwrsrtk350

I have complete confidence in those Spitfires pwrsrtk350. Even if the BH just entered 3 inches into the buck, it opened up and started cutting. You WILL find him and way to go by backing out and letting the monster die. Good sportsmanship there.
BBO
Well it was far from a monster but he sure will be tasty. It was a small 5 point that I recovered after about 10 minutes of looking this morning. He ran about 150 yards and dropped. First place I went is where I saw him last that night, and there he was. He had been dead since lastnight but I wasnt sure so I still feel I made the right call. The bad news is a coyote decided he wanted a rear quarter of the deer. But atleast I will get some meat out of him. I spent the rest of the day helping out a guy look for his deer, which was never recovered. I decided to help him since he drug mine out with his 4-wheeler. Well I got another tag to fill so I'm going to spend the week looking for another. BTW the batteries in my camera were dead but I did manage to take a couple with my phone, but its kinda tricky to put on the computer I guess.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:26 PM

Congrats on finding your deer. Going over night is hard to do but around here it is easy to do because there are not many yotes around here. Here is the link HNI Justin posted and is easy to fallow and use. I use the other host method and use photobucket.com and there site is easy to set up an account on, and its free. Congrats again and get us some pics!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1735212
Old 11-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on finding your deer,great job and good luck in the future!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on recovering yer Buck. What internal organs did you take out with yer shot?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Congrats on recovering yer Buck. What internal organs did you take out with yer shot?
It actually nicked the very rear of 1 lung. Aperrently it was just enough.
It hit a little higher then I origionally thought. It looked centered from the stand.

Quick Reply: Got my fingers crossed "Updated FOUND!!!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.