Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Posting Photos - A Tutorial >

Posting Photos - A Tutorial

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Posting Photos - A Tutorial

Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Posting Photos - A Tutorial

Well, you asked for it, so here it is!

There are two methods for posting images on HuntingNet.com. One involves uploading and embedding the photo into your post, meaning the photo is hosted on the HuntingNet.com server. The second involves linking to a photo that you have hosted somewhere else. First, we'll start with uploading your photo to HNI and inserting it into your post.

This is a pretty easy one, but you must understand that all photos can be no larger than 300KB when uploading them to the site. For those of you with digital cameras or using high resolution scanners you will need to resize your photos or they will NOT upload. For those of you who do not have a photo editing program like Photoshop or Fireworks, there are a lot of free image resizing tools out there. For example, Picasa, PIX Resizer, and Microsoft Image Resizer.

Once your photo is resized you want to click the link that says "Click here to upload!" directly underneath where you are typing your post.

When you click that link, you are going to get a box that looks like this:

Now you need to browse for the image on your computer, then select it.

Once your photo has been selected you simply click the "OK" button, and your photo has been uploaded to our server.

Only a few more steps and you're done! In order to make sure the photo is embedded in your post, and not simply linked you need to make sure the "Embed picture in post" box is checked.

Now you're ready to submit your post with your pictures attached for the world to view!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Posting Photos - A Tutorial

BTW, you won't see the embedded photo in the Preview window. It's not viewable until you submit the post.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now for the second method - using your own host.

There are a lot of great free image hosting sites out there such as PhotoBucket and Kodak Easy Share gallery among others. In fact, a lot of these hosting sites now include the HTML tags you need to embed in your postto make your pictures show up. However, we'll go through the steps anyways.

First off, you need to get your file to wherever you're going to host it. Once it's there, click the insert image button at the top of the text box. It's the yellow button with the mountain on it.

Once you click that button a window will pop up, prompting you for the location of your image. The easiest way to insert the exact URL is to copy and paste it from a browser window, however if you know the exact path to the image and the exact image name, you can type it in here.

Then you simply click OK and magically your image is inserted into your post!

Now it's party time!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:29 PM

Good Job boss's
Old 10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Justin, they also have Image Shack which I have been using for 2 years.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:36 AM

Had some one ask me what a URL was so here is a pic of it as it looks on photo bucket.com just copy and past as above and your good to go.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:34 AM
JW
Super Moderator

While I understand this - what is the code we can use.

In the past I used " or " (minus the qoutes) and it does not seem to wrk now.

Do you have new code?

If so how do I type it in. I share many tipes on "How To' and usually keep it as a word file so I can easily p[aste it on other sites.

Thanks

JW!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

I have been wondering how to do this for a while now and there you have it. How do you get bigger pictures on there, just take them with lees quality i guess??
Old 07-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mbhutton

I have been wondering how to do this for a while now and there you have it. How do you get bigger pictures on there, just take them with lees quality i guess??
If you are using Photo Bucket, when your picture comes upafter clickingHost it, double click on the picture and it will make it Forum Size and thenRight Click on it to Select Properties to obtain URL.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

When I try adding a picture (upload and embed), I only seem to have the option to add one picture. What am I doing wrong?

Quick Reply: Posting Photos - A Tutorial

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.