Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I changed xbows! >

I changed xbows!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I changed xbows!

Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Default I changed xbows!

If you guys remember my posts last week.....I got a great deal on a Horton Team RT 175D. Well, I took it to the local Gander Mountain on Friday and spent a while trying to sight it in. The back end of the red dot scope would jump up after every shot and several of the nuts had to be retightened after I started shooting. I called the achery store I bought it from and have traded it for a TenPoint Titan TL which will be arriving this week.

So...I'm still not in the woods yet [:@]
Old 10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I changed xbows!

I am sorry to hear the Horton didn't work out. Was the main problem the red dot or was the CB also bad? Well i hope the Titan is going to be good to u.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think i will buy myself a Ten Pt. Pro Fuson this spring. I have an Excal Phoenix now and i love it. I have been looking at the training wheel bunch fer past couple of months, narrowing down my choices while shooting them at dealers. Heck i even have a deal going to trade a rifle fer a Honda 110 3 wheeler in 2 weeks! I really hope that it takes place.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know smoke, those 3 wheelers are mighty dangerous. Spend the extra $$, skip the wheelie bow and get yourself a good used 4wheeler
Old 10-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not to get off on a tangent, but Smoke, you need to be real careful on those three wheelers, they flip easy! I would think you already know this but I'm still reminding you!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

One good thing, 10 pt has a web site w/ instant answers to questions and Horton doesn't, which totally amazes me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees this large snowball rolling down hill, just kinda surprised more mfgrs. aren't jumping on board. Nothing wrong w/ a 10 pt, suspect you will be happy.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

One good thing, 10 pt has a web site w/ instant answers to questions and Horton doesn't, which totally amazes me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees this large snowball rolling down hill, just kinda surprised more mfgrs. aren't jumping on board. Nothing wrong w/ a 10 pt, suspect you will be happy.
Your right henry! I can't understant it myself!I wonder if it was a problem with the red dot or a problem with that silly dial-a-range?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is being hijacked! Don't knowed anyone who has a 4 wheeler that would trade fer rifle. I owned 2 110's and a 200E Big Red before hard times hit us bad. They work fine if u use them properly, if u worry about front end flip or rearing back, put some weight on frontend. I need it fer toting tree stands and dragging out deers and hoisting them up fer skinning.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:52 AM

The Horton I sent back had serious scope problems, the sturup kept coming loose and the dial-a-range selector would jump around without touching it. Maybe I just got a lemon? Anyway, The staff at "Mikes Archery" (Archary Connection on ebay) was VERY friendly. I mailed the Horton back to them on Friday and theyare sending me a new 10Point Titan TL W/red dot scope package today. It only cost me$30.00 more!

The staff at Bass Pro Shop were really downing Hortons and it made me mad because they sell alot of Hortons. They told me that they have been sendingback 50% of them for defects right out of the box? Gander Mountian staff were nicer, saying that they did not prefer Hortons but have not had the problem with them that BPShope has. I think the guy at BPShop is just an arse and probably should be firedfor downing his own product to customers.

As for as 3 wheelers go.........They are dangerous. I rolled one off a ridge when I was 16 [:-] I rolled with the bike about 40 feet down the slope and it almost killed me! I believe I'd let thisguy unload the 3-weeler on someone else...