Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Europeans and their xbows >

Europeans and their xbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Europeans and their xbows

Old 04-05-2008, 11:09 AM
KLV

Default Europeans and their xbows

Just spent the last month or so in Europe on the company's dime. Every time we ended up in a different country I asked the person hosting us if they knew anything about crossbows. They never did but they sure found out in a hurry. As a result,, I shot some, watched people shoot farther than I would dream, and made some friends. Those people are very serious and dedicated to the crossbow(except for England where the mere mention of any weapon almost caused people to have falling down, slobbering siezures).

Met a guy and his wife from Denmark and they let me shoot their Swiss croosbow. Very quiet(as crossbows go) and fast. Only real draw back was it cost about $2000 US.

I was also surprised at how many Great Lakes crossbows I saw. They were especially common where I watched those guys and gals shoot From 40 to 120 meters. All in all, the company stuff stunk but the xbow experience made it worth while. Sure nice to be HOME though.