Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 11-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

I am going out to stand in about 15 min. nothing this morning. I rattled and grunted and used the Primos big can! Nada zip zilch nutten, just ain't over on my place this morning. This has gotten way to regular fer me.[&o]
Old 11-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well this evenings hunt went just like the morning hunt. Instead of seeing just birds, i saw cat squirrels. Oh they wasfussing real bad so there were sumpin slipping around they didn't cotton to![:-]
Old 11-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I were in them woods befer light, but that moon was bright! I sat down in my camo chair got all me stuff setout and spread around me.I were up on the ridgehad me Bow cocked and ready. Weren't 20 min. go by andi heared the leaves crunching twas getting louder coming thru the thick stuff. Every now and again i could see leaves onsaplingsand weeds move! Won't be long now and i am ready! There it be all solid gray tippin, it came head low to the ground and looking around fer sure. I smiled and knowed i had'em, cept it be an Armadillo. I think it a smile on its face too!While after that the wind picked up out of the S E and few min's later i heared one a blowin and goin![&o]So another day will pass and i will hope fer no wind or it coming out of the west with any varience is ok.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Got set up in my ground blind just before 6am (yup a bit late) sat there till 4:45 and couldn't stand it anymore. Saw nada. TFB for me but thats I'm ok with that! It was a better day than any day at work!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:29 PM

Yesterday was torture! I over slept alot, woke up at 11am! Also since I have been going out alot momma is giving me the looks so I decided to stay at home for the evening hunt too. Had to go to my brothers house and I bet I passed five fields at sunset that had deer in them! Oh well maybe Wednesday.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

After the miss on the brute in the am, went out @ 230. On my way in I spotted a 10 bedded up with a doe. Later @ 5pm had a 12 come out into the feshly cut beans. I was kinda caught flat footed (moving stupidly). Did my best to prepare. Grunted and bleated, he got around 70yds.. best I can do.

Oh ya forgot to mention @ 4pm I watched a guy walking the edge of the field with a shotty in 1 hand and a beer in the other. Disappeared back onto the trail, im like fck, should have hollored @ him. Sure has **** 5mins I hear him commin up the trail. SO i yelled HELLO!! at him as I didnt wanna get shot. Was a guy who lived on a neighboring property starting the shotty season a day early, looking for a "monster buck" he has spotted a few times [:@] I bit my lip to the whole situation and hope I spooked the buck back into the swamps for at least another week.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's 2:30AM and I am ready to go. Wind is very calm but the moon is bright. It's 31 degrees and I have high hopes. I have a sick day and I am going to sit long and hard. At least until my old bones get to cold.
How come I used to be able to hunt in 20 degree weather with wet sneakers and blue jeans and now I bundle up like a new born baby. Don't ever get old if you can avoid it.
Love the smell of doe pee in the morning!!>>>>>>Whack!
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got up at 4:30 am made my coffee then got my socks out. I peeped out the door and its raining and winds 35 mph up out of the SE, this sucks! If it ain't one thing its another, i really dislike the weather in this part of Tn. Heck i dislike this part of Tn.[&o]Think i will move soon as i can over to North central Tn., after deer seasonis over.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well it was drizzling this morning when i got into my stand, but the wind was out of the NW. The longer i sat the harder the rain came down. After 2 1/2 hours in nasty rain, can't stand to hunt in it. Have been caught twice this year and i hope this ends it. All i saw was my cat squirrels!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Ugly gray day with pretty steady medium light rain....beautiful day to hunt.
Saw a forky he came to 30 yards and I decided to pass. My goal for the day was to smoke a doe for the freezer. So at about 1:00pm a doe worked her way down a laurel ravine and stopped right in front of me. There was a big cluster of laurel about 25 yards in front of me that she was behind so I waited for a good shot....and waited....and waited. It was cool watching a deer that close for that long she would shake like a dog every few minutes to dry off a bit. Well after 45 minutes she was still milling around back there with no idea that I was there.

THEN IT HAPPENED....from the hollow (holler for some of ya'll) below me I hear BAD DOG HYOOOOO....BAD DOG HYOOOO.....Sure enough one of the bunny boys had a deer chaser somewhere off in the woods.[&o] My deer bolts and the guy comes walking right up thru the woods and goes within 10 yards of my stand and never even saw me.[&o] I had to bite my tongue to keep from giving him a piece of my mind.

Mitch

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.