Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 The vari zone is the cat's meow!! >

The vari zone is the cat's meow!!

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

The vari zone is the cat's meow!!

Old 09-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default The vari zone is the cat's meow!!

I can not believe the accuracy of this scope. I know many of you have bragged on it but until you see it for yourself you don’t realize how good this scope is.

I’ll admit I got lucky with my first shot after mounting this scope. I was two inches high and dead center at 20 yards before adjusting anything. That was pure luck. I made 4 clicks bringing it down two inches and shot again. DEAD CENTER.

Now for the real test. I moved back to 30 yards and used the next triangle down and shot. Bingo, dead center again. I couldn’t believe it. I ran back to my 40 yard mark, loaded a bolt and smack I split the arrow that I should have removed from the center of the target.

My confidence of making a good shot on a deer is at an all time high. If a deer wonders into my shooting lane you guessed it, “he’s going to take a dirt nap.”

Bring it on boys, let’s get this season rolling.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The vari zone is the cat's meow!!

Yup they be good scopes, like u i need to try mine out on a deer and soon.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

All I know is next Saturday can't get here soon enough. I am a little worried about my hunting spot though. I went there yesterday morning before sun up, got in my stand and waited to see what comes through.

A half an hour after the sun came up a guy hunting for squirrels spent about two hours walking back and forth through the woods shooting a shot gun off an on.

It's private land that I'm hunting on and the farmer said that was someone that has been stopping by of and on to squirrel hunt. I hope he doesn't show up next Saturday.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:57 PM

I can truely say I feel your joy!!! It is nice to have a scope that is deed nuts on! Its almost like having a peep and pin set up and you know your right on. But with the scope you have magnification and the low light ablitity! I will be shooting my tekan twos today and cany wait! Me and you are both die hard horton guys so I hope others read this and realize what they are missing! Maybe some of the hortons are close enough that the set scopes like the red dot and multi retical are good. But we have went to the next level of shooting right on! If you are a horton guy and read this, please make your next scope the excal VARI_ZONE!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

True story,

5 days ago in my quest to talk my brother into spending a little more money than what he was willing to spend on a cross bow, I almost sold him mine for what he had just so he wouldn’t get burned on a cheapie. I was going to buy an Excalibur for the V- Zone I had ordered. After doing my best to explain the importance of sound equipment he coughed up a little more and bought a decent bow.

I’m glad he did and this is why. With the V Zone on my bow resting on a bench, I can hit a nickel at 40 yards. There is absolutely no reason for me to spend more and buy an Excalibur. Free hand shooting puts me in the little black circle every time. With my bow holding accuracy like that what more do I need?

I will say this. Eventually I will buy an Excalibur because I want one. Of all the bows made I think the Excalibur is by far the best bow made for practicality. With my Horton, I can’t change the string myself. It’s a piece of cake with the Excalibur. I’m guessing the Excalibur is far lighter than my Horton as well.

My next bow will be an Excalibur but my Horton is truly all I need and could not possibly be any more accurate.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Green Pea.

I’m glad he did and this is why. With the V Zone on my bow resting on a bench, I can hit a nickel at 40 yards. There is absolutely no reason for me to spend more and buy an Excalibur. Free hand shooting puts me in the little black circle every time. With my bow holding accuracy like that what more do I need?

I will say this. Eventually I will buy an Excalibur because I want one. Of all the bows made I think the Excalibur is by far the best bow made for practicality. With my Horton, I can’t change the string myself. It’s a piece of cake with the Excalibur. I’m guessing the Excalibur is far lighter than my Horton as well.

My next bow will be an Excalibur but my Horton is truly all I need and could not possibly be any more accurate.
We must be related somehow in the past cause I could not have said it better!!! I too have the desire to get an excal, but not cause i need it to shoot better but just because I want one!