Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

No Trace Cammo

Old 08-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default No Trace Cammo

has anyone heard much about this new scent control cammo??

www.notracecammo.com

whats your thoughts on it is it just anothe gimmic or doy oyu think this one will do what it says??

Old 08-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Trace Cammo

I think it may cause you to dry fire your bow! LOL,,,, ok, I'm sorry!
Camo is made more for us hunters rather than the animal. One year I wore a dark green top and black pants in the snow leaning up against a fence post, face into the wind. There was a herd of mulies about a quarter mile away. I just sat motionless and made squeeking noises and one deer came within reaching distance before I yelled BOOOO! Sorry didn't mean to scare you! LOL! My point is that if you dress reasonably you do not need much or any camo. After saying that I will tell you that I like ASAT. Deer and moose seem to like it too! I looked at the camo you are talking about and it does not have the elements of camo that I like. That would be three shades. Really light (almost white), medium brown and dark brown (almost black). The three elements cause a 3D appreance that "fools" the eye into thinking you are part of the landscape and focusing on the pattern rather than the form. As far as carbon or other scent control stuff goes I do not believe it is as affective as claimed. I do believe it works to a small degree but not enough to fool all the deer all the time especially close deer. After reading that deer smell can detect in the magnitude of a few parts per million I put away my scent lok and stopped worring about it. I still am carefull mind you to keep "clean" but thats it. What do I think?? Don't waste your money.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Based on my experience, I have never dry fired a bow using camo with the trade mark of Scent-Loc. I have busted the thing up while playing dress up in No Trace. I will say the the No Trace is cheap vs. any of the others. I have no idea if it works or not but what the heck, I do look good in it. Geez.. It's like you can't show your soft underbelly in here.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Common Planter, its fun to expose a bit of the underbelly! Look at Squirrel, he's plum naked! But yup, the only one that matters is the wearer. Don't get the wrong idea, I have sent loc, real tree, camoed shot guns back packs and well more than enough camo but I know it doesn't work as well as brains. Like you Planter I like how it looks. But a confident brain is a very dangerous weapon! You guys should check out ASAT if you like camo. Its the best pattern I've seen so far.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ain't never tried to trace any camo. I really like wearing Preditor as thats what i am![8D][:-][]
Old 08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

used to be several places selling ASATcamo , cant even find it on ebay now. just a 3d leafy suit..