Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Cammo do you use?

Old 01-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which Cammo do you use?

I was just wondering which cammo patterns you all use for early fall, then winter or late season,especially those of you that hunt hradwoods in the midwest?I just got a catalogue from "Day One "cammo company and saw many patterns.Is the ASAT pattern good?How about materials that keep keep you quiet and warm late season.Do any of you use their fleece product?Every year it takes me allmost till the last couple of weeks to figure out how to dress to hunt.I have only been doing this over25 years,I should know by now but I'm a slow learnI like my fleece stuff because it's quiet,but I need something more in the cold season thats quiet,warm and bowhunter friendly.Thank's for any replies.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Cammo do you use?

Although some may not agree I go with the cheap stuff. The animals don't know the differance as long as it's quite. I wait till the off season and buy the extra extra large stuff and then put it over my good warm clothing.I just put it over my clothing when I get to my hunting spot and don't have to worry about odor or the warmth of the expensive stuff. The picture here is me with a cheap Goose suit for under $20 the Elk at 40 yards didn't even know I was there. During bow season I tape where ever it's to baggie so as not to get in the way of my shooting. The patterns are endless and just try and match my surroundings.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:19 PM

I hunt in the Missouri Ozarks, which is pretty much all Black oak, and I use Mossy Oak. Blends in great. I have a couple of pictures of me and my buddy, and you have to look pretty hard to see us, wish I could post them, but they are on paper and I don't have a scanner.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:44 PM

I use ASAT year round. I have not found anything better.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Predator fall Grey for late season. I've got one of the Day One insulated pullovers for late season bowhunting in fall grey fleece. I got it with the windstopper option. I've hunted in weather down below zero in it and I've never been cold. Deer seem to look right through you. I'm sure ASAT is just as good. The company makes a top shelf product.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like anything thats leafy 3-d and with light natural colors with a pattern that isint tight with too much of one color.most camo today meets this idea. something that would indicate to a deer that your not a human. a cheap winter suit would be to use what you own already and buy a leafy 3-d bug tamer type suit and put it over your cloths.bug tamer suits are super lite and are mesh material. for instance i have a car-hart jumpsuit and wear my leafy camo jacket over it. just order a bigger size. i always wear a face mask . dont believe in wearing a hat because your head is doing the most moving and a mask doesnt have an outline like the bill of a hat. i had 12 deer come into my stand last night with this set up. as long as i dont move they look right at me. the trees are totally bare and i must look like a big bird with the leafy camo i dont like the snow camo because with all the white in it some gomer might mistake me for something.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:34 AM

I use advantage timber & hardwoods for most of my hunting. I plan on getting some deception by predator this year as well.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:51 AM

I mainly use ASAT. I own other brands(realtree x-tra brown and mossy oak break up), but usually stick to my ASAT 3D suit. However, I have even worn faded out army camo and had success. Staying still is the only camo you bet on 100%.

"Aim small, miss small."
Old 01-20-2005, 07:20 PM

My hunting partner and I both use advantage timber, or mossy oak breakup. It just depends on where you hunt, and what the weather has been doing. Last season I actually had birds land on me, not realizing what I was, I had elk stare at me, people walk right by me, and not have a clue. That is til I scared the bejeeses out of them If you remain still, you could probably wear blue jeans, and still do ok.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:21 PM

i use realtree green for early bow season and realtree xtra gray during the winter

Quick Reply: Which Cammo do you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.