Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Looking for a New Crossbow >

Looking for a New Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking for a New Crossbow

Old 03-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a New Crossbow

Dan Miller is where i got my( Excalibur Phoenix) and the best xbows.I have heard that some folks who are low on chump change buy Horton's. Now i am not going to tell where you can get those type of xbows(Wally World) oops that just kinda slipped out sorry! Now don't get me wrong there are some decent folks who have get Horton's and then they buy Excalibur xbows when their ship comes in!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

hmmm... let me even consider getting an excaliber.... NOT~! lol, some people like the best (horton) and other like well, the not best(excalibur)jk, great things have been said about the horton and well even the excalibur. i have heard that the excalibur is harder to cock but i dont know personally. excalibur guys are ok i guess, huh dnkhaha
LOL, you're a brat! But you are funny.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

EXCALIBUR!!!!
Why don't you tell 33pt buck what good and bad you saw in the other xbows you checked out before making your choice?
There are good points and bad points to everything. I shot several X-bows before I made my choice, which, I might add was a very easy choice to make after shooting the Excalibur. This is what he needs to do as well, and make his own decision on which bow suits his needs the best.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

First year for Crossbow season in VA last year, looked at Excal, Horton, & Tenpoint. Didn't like the feel of the Ten Pt. Purchased a Excal-Exomax, very accurate, great arrow speed and less moving parts. Did change mid season from aTruglow to a Excal4X scope. Extremely happy with it, 6 shots=5 deer and1 tree[:@].The only down side that I've found with the Excal is that you need more room for a shot (wider than a compound crossbow). If I had to buy another bow I would stick with the Excalibur.[/align]
Old 03-20-2006, 08:46 AM

I have posted this before but if you stay with the big three, Excaliber, Ten-Point, and Horton you will be happy. I personally shoot a Horton Legend, I recommend it highly.

Actually,you go somewhere you can actually hold and preferably shoot each one before you decide. You may find that one feels better to you than another.Maybe its the angle of the pistol grip, or the balance point, etc. That is for you to decide.

If you sight it in well and are consistent with your practice then they are all Nock busters. I have taken to shooting targets with several different bullseyes to keep from ruining arrows by hitting my previous shots.

Welcome to the World of the Horizontal Bow!!