Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Looking for a New Crossbow >

Looking for a New Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking for a New Crossbow

Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 AM

Default RE: Looking for a New Crossbow

The excalibur guys on here seem to be pretty happy with there set ups. Excalibur would be my second bow of choice. And I think the only reason why is how wide they are. But they have less moving parts and that can only help ya. I only know of one guy that has a ten point and he is really unhappy with his. He has shot my horton just fine so I do not think it is him. Now me and alot of the guys on here shoot Hortons. Horton has been around along time and was one of, if not the first major player in the feild when ohio and arkansas first opened up the seasons to the CB. I am on my second Horton and my first one was used 13 years before I got my new one and my old one still is a nock buster, I just wanted something new. Almost everyone I know that has a horton all say the same thing and that is they are nock busters right out of the box. Horton has been around for a long time and has a great track record!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

EXCALIBUR!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

EXCALIBUR!!!!
Why don't you tell 33pt buck what good and bad you saw in the other xbows you checked out before making your choice?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wait i want to play, after you try all the rest buy the bestExcalibur!OK we know that Exc. has a great safety and really decent trigger. It also can have its string changed in the field,just in case needed. What about those compound xbows. The Exc. and Ten pt.'s use flat nocks because their quality rails! How fast do you want to shootand how are your funds? I am bias i shoot a Phoenix plenty good for most hunting. The Vixen is very good abit more reasonable. Hey lets promote the xbow we shoot, horray for EXCALIBURS![&:]
Old 03-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I'm not saying nuttin cause my nose is still bleeding! LOL
Old 03-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a couple of service stories for ya. Had friends Vixen w/ Horton scope that wouldn't hold zero. Called Horton, sent the WELL used, obviously banged around some scope in, and within 48 hrs. they had brand new replacement shipped to me at no charge. Ended up w/ extra Excal Varizone over the deal, bought in Pa. Danny Miller in Oh. gave me full credit for what I had paid for the Vzone on some other xbow goodies. These are some class acts.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup that is a class act. I've heard of Dan Miller a few times before on some forums and nothing but good things
Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: have you seen the quiver he invented that mounts on top of the bow?? Just got one last week, and really like it. For one thing it has two sets of rubber grips fot the arrow vs. the one set on Qwikee that comes w/ bow. Had a b-head come loose while the bow was slung over my back. Got lucky that time, coulda got sliced and diced.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Dnk: have you seen the quiver he invented that mounts on top of the bow?? Just got one last week, and really like it. For one thing it has two sets of rubber grips fot the arrow vs. the one set on Qwikee that comes w/ bow. Had a b-head come loose while the bow was slung over my back. Got lucky that time, coulda got sliced and diced.
Got any Pics?
Old 03-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm... let me even consider getting an excaliber.... NOT~! lol, some people like the best (horton) and other like well, the not best(excalibur)jk, great things have been said about the horton and well even the excalibur. i have heard that the excalibur is harder to cock but i dont know personally. excalibur guys are ok i guess, huh dnkhaha

Quick Reply: Looking for a New Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.