Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Looking for a New Crossbow >

Looking for a New Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking for a New Crossbow

Old 03-18-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Looking for a New Crossbow

My Dad is looking to purchase a new crossbow to start hunting with this year. We've both only used compunds in the past, but due to his injury he will no longer be able to use a compund. Neither of us have any experience with crossbows and would like some recommendations as to what brand is putting out a better bow. Thanks. Mike
Old 03-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a New Crossbow

Ok, no one is biting so I'll go first and get the beating.
IMO the Excaliburs are the most reliable followed by Ten Point and Horton which are neck and neck. They do all feel different so in the end its what feels good that is important. There are quite a few different xbow so you have to go and handle them. Those three are probably the most popular but that is not to say that the Parker, PSE and Barnett aren't any good but price may play in your choices as well. I don't mind wide bow limbs, I want the most in accuracy, I want the most reliable, I don't mind paying for something that will last a life time and it feels good are all the reasons I bought my Exocet.
Ok guys I am ready for the beating... go ahead, I deserve it. LOL[:@]
Oh Yeah, for deer even the lowly Vixen will ZIP clean through any deer that walks the earth if shot with in a reasonable ethical distance (pretty much the same as a compound).
Old 03-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

bla bla bla excaliber.lol, jk, he hasnt shot a real crossbow. u know, a hortongo out and shoot a horton, you'll love it. one shot, one kill, one bow, horton
Old 03-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ouch #1
Old 03-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The aforementioned all have great service depts. too. No one knows about Excals, as no one ever had to send one in. LMAO There Dnk, I'll take a few hits for ya!! There's even a couple of 10 Point guys here!! Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, they are all good companies, you almost need to try them out and see what fits best both comfort and dollarwise. Obviously, I have an Excal and I'm tickled w/ it just like everyone else is w/ what they chose. BTW Welcome!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

My appolgies, my gracious collegue reminded me. Welcome 33pt Buck!
Old 03-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

squirrelkillaDnk
Old 03-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remember the old Burt Reynolds movie "Deliverance" Maybe we can have dueling xbows, LOL plunka plunka plunk plunk..... plinka plinka plinka plink plink Gotta laugh at life or it will laugh at you!!
Old 03-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

For sure, squirrellkilla has a great sense of humor and a good attitude.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:35 AM
Typical Buck

If you want the most safty oriented crossbow on the market get your Dad a Tenpoint ,, if you want to get him the simplest on the market get him an Excaliber one thing you should do is buy from a manufacture that makes only crossbows,, Tenpoint and Excaliber are the best on the market you pay more for them but when it comes to crossbows you get what you pay for... and no matter which you get have a Tenpoint Accudraw or Accudraw 50 put on it the best cocking aid on the market. dont think any will argue that..

Quick Reply: Looking for a New Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.