Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Buying new Xcalibur...but >

Buying new Xcalibur...but

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Buying new Xcalibur...but

Old 02-15-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Buying new Xcalibur...but

Hello everyone. Greetings from Pa. I'm going to purchase a new Xcalibur Exocet 200 or the Phoenix with a bunch of add on assy's in the very near future ! I'm going all out. Can you fellas point me in the right direction as where to purchase these items in the US off of the internet....good honest dealers and at good prices ? Some may say to buy locally , but geeeee , I'd be paying about $ 50 To $ 75 more per item plus sales tax.......like $ 250 or more when all said and done. Any info to guide me ?
Thank you.......Bob
Old 02-15-2006, 08:19 AM

Default RE: Buying new Xcalibur...but

I have seen some very reasonable deals on Ebay. I committed an unpardonable sin and bought mine there.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:53 PM

www.archersnook.com
"dw"
Old 02-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Just a thought. I just purchased a Horton Explorer TR 175 that came with a quiver, red dot scope, and 4 carbon bolts with practice tips from the Sportsman’s Guide store for $270.00 dollars and it is sooooo sweet.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:05 AM

Bob, You have a PM with a suggestion.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:29 AM

I always buy from ebay just buy from a dealer with high feedback only! But as green pea said we love our hortons!! But alot of guys are talking good about the xcaliburs too.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Have you looked into TenPoints they have some really good package deals and the best cocking aid on the market.. although you could have an Accudraw system mounted on an Excaliber.. I would buy from a local proshop myself,, then you have someone to go to if you run into any problems.. you buy one online or off ebay you have to pay shipping back to whomever you got it from to have any isshues that come up fixed..
I have a TenPoint ProElite and have had no problems but if I do I can go right back to the proshop I got it from and they will fix it I did have an isshue with my case and they got me another one ,, and give me a couple of extra hats because I had isshues with the case. I would also want to be able to hold and shoot the Xbow I was getting .. the exact one I was getting,, my opinioin get it locally, one time of having to ship it back would pretty much eat up the $ you saved buying it off of ebay or online,, if you do buy it online get it from a reputible dealer..
Old 02-16-2006, 07:55 PM

I've owned 2 hortons, and loved them both. Several of my relatives also have Horntons, and love theirs. I will say, that I looked at a 10 pt 2 years ago, and it was VERY nice. It cost a lot more though. The ONLY thing I'd want to change about my Horton (Hunter Max 175), is the weight (it's a little heavy), and a smoother trigger pull would be cool.