Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite >

Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Old 06-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Spike

Default Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both these xbows--and what your impressions were..

thx
Old 06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Both are good bows made by good companies, have nearly identical ballistics. Can't go wrong w/ either one. It all comes down to what you wanna spend, what features you like, and how the bow fits ya. Best thing is to try both. I don't have an E'cet, but do have Vixen [temporarily] Phoenix and E'max. I've shot a few 10 pts but unfortunately not the Pro-Elite. Good luck!!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doug.. From one "Fawn" to another you have just put the sweetest piece of bait on the hook for these guys. It's like asking Ford or Chevy or Remington or Browning. I do however know just enough to know how much I am loving my 6 week old Pheonix. It shoots better than I do and the 175# draw weight is OK with the cheap rope cocker.Now all us "fawns" should form a ring around these crusty old bucks and watch the fireworks. It's sort of like a pissing contest with lots of good info mixed in.I hope Smoke, Dan, Mike, J7, Buddy Bo ( he is the inventor ) and the rest of the crew take the bait. If not, go back about 2 months in the posts to when I was buying my bow. I asked pretty much the same question.Straight arrows to you Doug or is that straight bolts??
Old 06-24-2006, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK i am pro Excalibur won't lie about, but maybe on other stuff! The Bow you asked about i don't have alot of seat time with it. I have shot all of the Excaliburs, they all have the same trigger. Its very good 3 1/2-4 lbs.pull. E'cet weighs 6.4lb. 330 fps 15.5" power stroke 38.5" long. The limbs are the same as the E'max and Phoenix, only the power stroke is longer. All else is same between Bows cept the 2 bigger ones stock is longer. Accuracy can you spell robinhood using scope at 20 yds. make you go broke! You try them out real good, then or before try out the compound xbows. They're different and you like one or the other, but usually not both.[][8D]
Old 06-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own Excalibur and shot the TenPoint,I would take my Exocet over any bow! I also owned Barnett and Horton,but the Excalibur won by a landfall in my book...
Old 06-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a site in Italy, w/ English. When the screen comes up, click on the Union Jack, [British Flag] and turn your audio up. Perfect music for this thread. There is also alot of good info on it, like unbiased comparisons between compund and recurve xbows. Those Italians are pretty smart!! Enjoy!!!
http://www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org
Old 06-24-2006, 10:48 AM

Planter,,,Boy you sure want to stir the pot do you not.Smokie...What do you know, you are still trying to figure out what to do with all that hair you cut off you deer,and do not know how to shoot 1/2 of a crossbow, I think you must have put your false teeth in backwards this morning. Of course if I tell you anything related to the topic "someone" will tell you it is all "gooblly gook" . Let your wallet be your guide(am I gonna get in trouble because I said that)???????????????????
Old 06-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

JG7: Ya can get in trouble here just drawin a breath.
Smoke: Ya dumb bunny! He meant 1/2 the bow was Excal, 1/2 Browning
whatta ya soakin them dentures in LOL
Planter: Bait huh? Ain't ya kinda bitin the hands that fed ya?? LOL
Dnk: Yer a closet carbon hater always been one ain't gonna change!!
Htoler: Don't you even start in on me!!! LOL
BBO: Where the he11 are ya? Can you spell me awhile??

I'm fixin to start a thread for the Permanently Disorientated, ya'll be sure to post!! LOL
Old 06-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was singing the gospel when I said you guys did know your stuff...I just wanted to make Doug aware that some folks have their shorts pulled up to tight. I have had nothing but laughs here andhave gotten tons of help. Hey Dan..Mike..I Love my Pheonix, but it seems to eat upservings. I am sure it is because it is an excalibur but my bow monkey says to much wax on the serving will cause the threads to separate. Not a big prob cause I can change it in a blink of an eye. I just figure to shoot in a couple of strings so I will be ready if I ever see one of those brown furry things. Rock On.....
Old 06-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

This is going to be the best advice you can get .. Go find a proshop that carries all of the crossbows that you are interested in .. get your hands on them and shoulder them check them out real good ,, shoot them and then decide which one fits you best,, TenPoint / Excalibur both are great Crossbows and both are very Accurate. both will do robinhoods very easy.. both manufactures have excellent customer service..
eiher way you will not be disappointed..

we know what I chose.. for my own reasons..

How That guys???

Quick Reply: Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.