Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Crossbow targets >

Crossbow targets

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow targets

Old 01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow targets

I use a pasteboard box about 24 inches square filled with rags it stops field and broadheads. They pullout easy and the box will last me about a year.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

Do you shoot broadheads into your "bags and rags" targets? Once the bowseason opens, I shoot only broadheads, becuase it's time to hunt from that point on. Since I don't shoot deer with field tips, I only practice with the broadheads I am going to shoot in the field. I am just curious how your targets hold up to broadheads.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

its a heck of lot cheaper than targets and much better.the cardboard box with rags might be a better way than my feed mill big bags.i like his idea better as you can see down from the top of box and if your hunting points are stuck in the rags, you can just unhook it.rags are way to go. forget the bales of straw, arrows will go thru straw and bend arrows as it makes a hole. rags you can move around. try the box with rags, i think thats better than the feed mill bag.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

THE BLACK HOLE! I push the broadhead through and carefully unscrew it from the shaft, then pull the arrow out. It takes a little longer than just pulling the whole arrow out but it REALLY saves your target! I shoot alot and get a whole season out of my target. I strictly practice with broadheads because that's what I hunt with.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I have a block and a black hole (target). I just make sure that I am over 25 yards away. If I use broadheads I make sure they are really dull and shoot at 30 more more yards away. If I really want to shoot closer with broadheads I use a cardboard box full of rags or pastic bags or cardboard ahead of the foam targets.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:58 AM

I have a mckennze big buck with repladceable core.the core lasted 3 years and now have the second one in.it is two years old.
some work,some don't.