Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Favorite style of venison?

Old 09-23-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Favorite style of venison?

What is your guys favorite type of venision. I mean the way you like it cooked.
I like mine gamey. IF you guys have any secret recipe could you share.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:35 PM

Default RE: Favorite style of venison?

I cheat lol. I marinade in Mccormick Montreal marinade mix. Let it marinade for 1-2 hours and bbq. Other than that, I make jerky, stew, and steak dianne.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

I like mine fresh before it gets froze on the grill and real rare. Next best put flour on plate and on top of deer steak and pound flour in to meat fry on high heat then bake in oven on 250 for an hour with lots of oions on top. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Spike

1" thick backstrap steaks marinated all day, wrap with bacon and put a toothpic through the middle, Have grill on high setting preheated for 10 min, cook on first side for 4 min then and second side for 3 min. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Good!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cut venison tenderloins ( or other cuts ) into 1/2" by 2" pieces. Also cut some green pepper and onion strips. In a very hot skillet melt a stick of butter and fry it all. Awsome!

If you like alittle zing spinkle a half a jar of Chef Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning. You can find this in most spice sections in a grocery store.

thats it..................I'm shooting one inthe morning........I'm hungry!

Good Luck!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

jerkey!! other than that the tenderloins are awsome!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

I smell this thread getting moved to the cooking or off season forum[8D]
Old 10-14-2004, 01:17 PM

I like venison cook lot of different ways, but one way everyone I know will eat it and beg for more is making a Venison Bacon Wrap. I take tenderloins, loins, or a good leg roast and cut it into approximately 1 1/2" squares and Marinade them in teryaki sauce with a little garlic powder added for at least a couple of hour or preferable overnight. When ready to prepare, I remove from them from the marinade wrap a half a strip of bacon around it. I hold the bacon in place with a toothpick or a skewer and broil or grill until the bacon is done to the way you like it. Great at home or at your deer camp.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like it all, but my favorite is chipped beef style.Makes good steak sandwiches. GEE forgot about the baloney.Can take it anywhere easy. I use to take it with me when on stand.Eat deer while shooting one
Old 10-16-2004, 03:11 PM

As far as venison jerky goes I like mine SPICY HOT!

Soy Sauce, Brown sugar, Tabasco, pepper, honey, liquid smoke & jalapeƱos all go into a bowl, mix well and add your venison strips cut 5-6" long by 1/4" to 1/2" wide. Let them marinade over night at least 12 hrs.
Hang the strips on a wire rack and slow cook in the oven @250* about 6 hrs or so.
Take em' off the rack and either zip bag em' for quick consumption or vacuum pack em' for long life in the fridge!

YUMMIE!!!!

Quick Reply: Favorite style of venison?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.