Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Venison Hot Wings

Old 12-23-2003, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Venison Hot Wings

Frank's Red Hot Hot Sauce is great for wings, not too hot, not too mild. My brother told me about it, and I've told others and now there are probably 5 of us using it on wings all the time. You don't have to mix anything else in.

Did these "wings" really go over that well? This would be something for me to try out with my deep fryer if hot sauce goes well with backstraps.

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2003, 07:12 AM

Doug,

They have gone over very well. As I said, I think I'll try deep frying them next time. The sauce I use is like Franks, only a different brand. I don't know why but kids seem to especially like these.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

We call them bits and pieces we usually take the small pieces of meat that are leftover after cutting all the roasts and use them for it .season the flour with garlic powder, steak seasoning and old bay dredge the meat in the flour then an egg wash and corn meal to finish. It seems to help keep the breading on the meat if I let it sit for awhile to dry out. Through the meat in a deep fryer in small batches so that the oil doesn’t cool too much. I have never tried it using a roast to cut it uniform pieces but it sounds good may have to do it for the super bowl
Old 01-04-2004, 06:26 PM

i ought try that.. it sounds really good