Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Not your ordinary jerky!!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Not your ordinary jerky!!

Ok guys here is my jerky recipe. It works great with everything. I aused it on over 100 geese this year, and everyone who tried it was blown away at how good it was, and none of them thought it was goose.

This recipe does 5 lbs of meat

6 hot dried red chiles (in my opinion the hotter the better)
1 can beer (any will do)
2 T pickling salt
6 cloves chopped garlic or 1 T garlic powder
2 T pepper
2 T worchestire
1 t cayenne (optional)
Remove stems from chiles, but keep seeds. Put all ingredients in blender and blend thoroughly. Consistency should be that of a runny gravy. Slice 5 pounds of meat 1/4 " thick, and put in non metalic mixing bowl. Pour mixture over the top and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight. Best when cold smoked 8-10 hours, but can also be done in dehydrater or oven. If you don't like spicy food, pick a medium hot red pepper and omit the cayenne. Most of the heat is lost in the cooking process, but the flavor will still be phenominal.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not your ordinary jerky!!

printed your recipe my husband might like it. The kids and I don't really do the cajun thing. I'll give it to my neighbor too. He's over in Iraq until sometime this summer. When he gets back he might not want to even think about jerkey.