Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Started Cutting

Old 11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Started Cutting

I spent the whole day cutting and grinding meat. I made about 15 lbs of Sausage and 25 Lbs of burger and cut quite a bit of steak. I got six Mule deer does to process and two more to bag yet. We had fresh Sausage and Waffles for super now its back to work. My wife has one more day off so we will eat Turkey and cut more meat for Thanksgiving. Hope you all have a great Holiday.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:36 PM

Default RE: Started Cutting

congrats. sounds like you got plenty of meat. I took another yesterday afternoon. gonna cut and grind it in a couple of days.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am about 3/4 done with these. I have two more to bag yet. There will be no shortage of meat this year. My wife and I both love the wild game. I am doing my best to save a cow.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Save a cow Shoot a Mule deer!

We ought to print a bunch of bumper stickers that say that. We'd be Rich! Oh I forgot we're already rich. Anyway Good Luck and sounds like you'r having a fine season. Mine ain't going as well but were just gettin' warmed up.

later
Brad
Old 11-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

We are just finishing grinding the last batch os Sausage. I am in trouble though. I lost the tube for the Sausage stuffer. The wife is a little "Td" at me. I need to go out once more and fill the last two tags. At least mother nature has done her part and turned the back of my truck into a deep freez. AHHH North Dakota.. Its about 10 degrees right now.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

6![:-]Dang how many can you get? I can only get one buck if I can find a place to hunt.lol
Old 12-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well the last two years I could have bought 10 tags. I bought eight and still have two left. There is a hugh number of Mule deer in our area and there are way to many does. They have a lot of doe tags left over because many hunter just won't shoot does. You have to buy a doe tag to get a buck tag and even then there is never enough buck tags to go around. Many hunters don't use their doe tags even though they have to buy them. I don't know why. Does are the way to go for quality meat so I am more than happy to buy the cheap doe tags and shoot what I have freezer room for. I also can a lot of it as the whole family likes the deer meat. These are grain fed mule deer so the meat is just plain darn good. They have extended the season for two months for the last several years for the antlerless tags but the numbers of deer show no sign of decreasing as yet. I hunted the first week and I know I saw 150 deer at least. We were just sitting along the edge of the winter wheat fields in the morning and evening. Easy hunting for us older guys.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

you got that many deer?
James, buy me a bus ticket, im on my way out to help with the situation
Old 12-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have until Jan. 10th to fill the last two tags. I should have enough of this used up or canned by then to make room. My kids are grown and like the deer meat but they don't hunt so I always leave them some as well.