Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Salmon Recipes ????

Old 09-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Salmon Recipes ????

Hey guys, I need a little help here. Our salmon run is starting and I want to try to grill some salmon steaks or fillets and try these thinkgs out. Does anyone have any good recipes or techniques ????

"If it sounds and looks too good to be true, it probably is !"
Old 09-19-2002, 02:35 PM

Default RE: Salmon Recipes ????

smoked is the way to go.......I like a little olive oil and lemon zest rubed on mine befor and during. Some folks and a bit of wine too.

Hurry up and wait.

Edited by - bruce_smith60 on 09/19/2002 15:36:13
Old 09-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2002, 12:57 PM

We've got a Kokanee run here, and it provides some of the best eating of the year. Salmon has such a great flavor that I think less is more. Lightly smoked with some dill or lemon butter (or both) Grilled with a light lime cream sauce, or baked in a pastry crust are some of my faves. Go to www.foodtv.com and enter salmon in the recipe search bar. You'll have a enough choices to cook a couple stringers full of the tasty buggers

"Friend of Men, Lover of Women, Purveyor of the Brutal Truth"
Old 09-25-2002, 04:43 PM

my all time favorite is to just smother a nice salmon steak in "Hawiian Sweet & Sour BBQ Sauce" and wrap in foil and BBQ for about 30-40 min.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Somtimes when I bbq salmon I'll just put it in a tray with real butter, garlic, lemon pepper, and pineapple with a splash of juice.
Or pan fry steaks with italian progresso bread crumbs, real butter, garlic, pepper. These are real basic and simple but I really enjoy them.

Gun controll is using both hands!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 08:02 AM

Get a bottle of soy sauce and a jar of minced garlic. Put the whole bottle in a pan and put in your fillets. Cover the fillets with the garlic, and dont be stingy. Take a fork and press the garlic into the meat. Then put in some parsley. Don't marinate for more than 30 minutes. Wrap the fillets in tin foil with plenty of garlic still on top. Either bake it or barbeque it still in the foil. Best salmon you will ever eat!
Old 10-11-2002, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK guys, I caught a fish and brought it home, filleted the fish, then froze it. It was about 6 days before I thawed the fish out. Put the fillets in foil and smothered with lemon, butter, salt , pepper and some garlic. Put the fish on the grill for about 45 minutes. God that smelled good when it was cooking. The wife made a dill cucumber sauce to go with it !!!! Man I was going to be eating good....Well , after about 3 bites of this fish, everyone said NO WAY !!!!! It just didn't taste right !!!!! I think maybe because of it being a river fish and starting to turn brown when I caught it, the meat wasn't that good. Well, at least I didn't have to pay to buy the fish, LOLOLOLOL !!!!!

"If it sounds and looks too good to be true, it probably is !"
Old 10-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sswpriz how dark was the fish? If the fish is white on the inside instead of pink not good its been in the fresh water to long or has already spawned. Hey but plenty of them out there good luck to ya!

Gun controll is using both hands!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 06:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]