Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mule deer question? >

Mule deer question?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mule deer question?

Old 03-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Mule deer question?

I am wanting to go after mule deer. I thought about doind a do it yourself hunt on public ground somewhere. If I had to I would use a muzzleloader. Does anyone have any experiance with this kind of hunt. Also, I would prefer a bowhunt. Please head me in the right direction, as to the state you hunted and were you successfull.

thanks
RBBH
Old 03-12-2005, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mule deer question?

i might be able to help.
i live in northeast wyoming, and do a lot of swap hunts. every hunter i have taken has been here for muleys and antelope, and we have filled every tag. so far they have been rifle hunters, but a bowhunter is coming this year. i myself am a bowhunter. my whole family are primarily bowhunters. our area is pretty good. we dont always shoot monsters, but my brothers opening day bow muley last year scored close to 160. for non residents, our tags are 100% draw every year, and on the same tag if you arent successful for the whole month of september (bow season) you can come back in rifle season in october. its a pretty good deal. email me if you want more info, i am booked up on swap hunts for a couple of years, but i would set you up or steer you in the right direction if ya like
brad
[email protected]
Old 03-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mule deer question?

One of my favorite hunts is the late season archery hunt here in Idaho. We do very well. The bucks are in the rut and if the weather is good to us, the deer are starting the migration. The best week for us is the week of Nov. 10th. Until then big boys are pretty much night dwellers. Our tags are over the counter and the aera is pretty much all public land. We can see anywhere from 10 bucks on a slow day to 30 bucks on a good day. Several of which would easily make book.