Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I made a BIG mistake >

I made a BIG mistake

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I made a BIG mistake

Old 03-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I made a BIG mistake

I don't want to go to them and said I lied, but I don't want to just take the money. If I do keep the money, I will buy the majority of my stuff from Cabela's to give them their money back. What should I do?
If you feel bad ( understandably) spend the refund at Cabelas even if not on a bow. But realize that a company like Cabelas is probably the biggest account for PSE and they take back anything from Cabelas no questions asked. Thats how we treat our biggest account ( different industry but same concept). Sure we eat some but in the big picture its worth it. Cabelas will not lose on this believe me. They can hand PSE a box of parts and still get full credit, thats the retail/wholesale process. What this tells me is that Cabelas is a darn good place to buy from. I have purchased from them in the past and will do so again.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

If you're feeling guilty, that's good. Means you have character and know what YOU need to do for yourself. You don't have to do what anyone tell you.

You prob. should have dealt with PSE. I have heard they have excellent CS.

I dropped my Q2 in my driveway one time in a soft case. Took it inside and noticed the cam had 1 edge of track smashed.

Called Mathews CS and told the that I dropped it in my driveway in the case and needed info on purchasing a new cam...to my suprise the person said "thanks for the truth"..we'll send a cam to the nearest dealer free of charge...I about crapped my pants.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Zak!

In this case I'd suck it up and forget it .I wouldn't feel too guilty about this P.S. E. is a big manufacturer and 310.00 is nothing to them .Just be glad you got something in return for your own mistake ,most time's these thing's don't turn out this way.
If I can help you out and make you feel better .You can buy the bow that you really want now with some added cash of course .If this was the other way around do you think they would feel bad . The money's better in your pocket than theirs.
nubo
Old 03-07-2005, 08:02 PM

I don't know. I will probably contact them back and tell them the truth. I will see what happens from there.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:24 PM

I wouldn't feel guilty at all. Cabelas doesn't seem to care for their employees all that much, especially considering the profits they reap from their hard work. I would take every opportunity to get over on Cabelas.

(Sorry, I have a buddy that works there and I have to listen to him complain about it constantly.)
Old 03-07-2005, 09:41 PM

I'm going to talk to them tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was pressing my bow to take the string off and check it. I was going to try and sell it. I let it out too fast and it blew up. My dad thought I did that to get a new bow. He told me to call the company up and tell them what happened. I just said that the string broke at full draw. I figured this would be a good excuse to screw myself out of a new bow. I knew it was my mistake, and I shouldn't get anything out of it. When I contacted them today I thought that they would just say, "Sorry, you should have checked the string before you shot." I would have been happy with that. Instead they refunded my money. I do not feel like I deserve the money in this way. When they hear the real story, then I will see.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zak you seem like a honest guy, forget all of this talk about screwing the company because they deserve it. You know what the right thing to do is now all you have to do is suck it up and do it. Good Luck, Man!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:53 AM

Well, obviously you should've told them the truth from the get go. I think you realize that now. In your situation I'd probably keep the money and buy at least the accessories for the bow from Cabela's and learn my lesson. However, the best course of action is probably to eat crow and tell them the truth.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a dog eat dog world. Go to church on Sunday and say a prayer for yourself. KEEP THE MONEY
Old 03-08-2005, 07:05 AM

Just do the RIGHT thing. You know in your heart what that is.

Quick Reply: I made a BIG mistake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.