Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I made a BIG mistake >

I made a BIG mistake

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I made a BIG mistake

Old 03-07-2005, 06:21 PM

Default I made a BIG mistake

As many of you guys know I ruined my PSE bow. I contacted Cabela's and asked them what to do. They said to ship the bow to their Customer Returns Department. I talked to a few guys on this board to see what I should do. I let it out of the press too fast, and it blew up.

I asked what I should say, and they said to tell them that the string snapped. I told them that and shipped it to them. I only expected them to look over the bow and replace the cam. I contacted them today and asked if they received my bow. They said they got it, but they could not replace it. They told me that they refunded my money. They just gave me $310 for MY mistake. I feel really bad. I didn't think it would turn out this way. I don't want to go to them and said I lied, but I don't want to just take the money. If I do keep the money, I will buy the majority of my stuff from Cabela's to give them their money back. What should I do?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I made a BIG mistake

I think you should just keep the money and buy a new bow, if i were you i wouldnt be complainin. save your money and get a mathews[8D]
Old 03-07-2005, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501

save your money and get a mathews[8D]
Nah, I don't just want to waste it.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:23 PM

Well it prolly was our fault...But thats life. I'd invest it in another bow at the store to relieve some guilt. Once you buy a new PSE, you'll forget all your troubles.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:28 PM

I would get a Bowtech Allegiance though.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Well i think i just came up with an idea that will solve the problem. Call back Cableas and tell them they shipped the refund to the wrong credit card and send the refund to me. I will take all the guilt without a problem. Lol J.k

Louis
Old 03-07-2005, 07:32 PM

idk if Cabelas carrys Bowtech...where you gonna get a new bow at Cabelas or somewhere else?
Old 03-07-2005, 07:35 PM

I was going to shop at a Pro Shop.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Feeling guilty. Feeling guilty is when you give a clerk 5 dollars and get change for a 20. Then you wonder if you should tell your wife or not.

Serious Zak. I was hoping this post was going to include your truck w/38 mudders stuck up to the frame in some of that fine Ms mud I saw last week. Please go out and get it stuck like that and edit this post.

Thank you.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Zak, that's a tough call. The honest thing to do would be to call customer service and explain the truth and take your chances. They may refund the money anyway, replace the bow, or send you back the pieces. That's a chance you would have to take but the honest way out and probably the one I would tell my own son to do. Ethics are not just about taking a bad shot or hunting land without permission. The next best thing would to be buy another PSE. PSE makes good equipment and it sounds like they back their products, which goes a long way with me. Good luck.

Quick Reply: I made a BIG mistake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.