Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I the only one left...... >

Am I the only one left......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I the only one left......

Old 03-05-2005, 06:51 AM

Default RE: Am I the only one left......

DavidPaul007, if Ohio deer were the same size as they are in Florida I would just stick my thumb in it's butt and carry it like a sixpack of beer. LOL
ROFL

Old 03-06-2005, 03:43 PM

I don't mind the drag, but don't get me wrong I don't go out of my way to do it and if I shoot something that doesn't require much work to get out I find no shame.
I've paid my dues; Elk, moose, mulie and big whitetails up in the high mountains of British Columbia, the foothills of Alberta, middle of big clear cuts and deep in swamps from plus 20 degrees to minus 42. Never had to worry about grizzlies to much.......they could hear me cursing and swearing miles away
Although there definatley is more of a sense of accomplishment when you finally get the last load out when you did it the old fashioned way. The beer tastes a lot better after as well
Old 03-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

I've never had to drag a deer out of the woods before. I'm still wating to get my first deer.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with CapDog. The beer tastes much better. As for the first one.... Man it was the best feeling and my brothers followed my taunting the whole way.... after I got it out of the woods they then said it would have been easyer if i had gutted it first......
Old 03-07-2005, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 26drawny

I agree with CapDog. The beer tastes much better. As for the first one.... Man it was the best feeling and my brothers followed my taunting the whole way.... after I got it out of the woods they then said it would have been easyer if i had gutted it first......

Good one