Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I the only one left...... >

Am I the only one left......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I the only one left......

Old 03-04-2005, 07:49 AM

Default RE: Am I the only one left......

Buckeye and the rest of you "tough" midwest draggers, do you even have forests up there? Let's be honest, you're not exactly dragging a deer a mile through the woods.... A few hundred yards is more likely..........I can do that before breakfast and still hammer out 50 push ups [8D]
Old 03-04-2005, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

who actually enjoys a good long hard drag out of the woods? I was just reading a thread over in deerhunting asking how they retrieve their game.

So, am I the only one left who likes to take him by the horns and tuff it out?

The drag out is one of my favorite parts of the hunt. I look forward to it not shun the idea of it
I am with ya! I drag all my deer by hand.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll add one more thing. Adreniline can do wonders for easing the drag. At 14 years old and 125# I drug out my first buck, uphill thru thick and rocky terrain like i was walking down the street. I still can't believe I drug that thing out of where I did with no help, or fatigue. Nowadays, I shoot a 100# doe with fairly easy terrain to manuever and she feels like a 220 pounder.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind the drag but it isn't one of my favorite part. The only drag that ever got me was when my bro' killed a ten that field dressed 185 lbs. and we had to drag it about 1 1/2 miles through the brush and 2-3 steep creek crossings. He puked 2 times before we made it to the truck.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like draggin but I am always ready and willing to do it. HOWEVER, if I can get an ATV or a truck to it I will. If not I will get it as clase as possible. I just know too many people that have gooten back injuries over the years dragging.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye,
I know what you are talking about. I used to get a lot of satisfaction from dragging my deer home as well. The problem is, age will likely take that satisfaction away some day so enjoy it while you can. I play it safe now and use the ATV.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

FYI over in Germany it's disrespectful to the animal to drag it out of the woods. All must be carried. On the other hand I don't care what they think.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:19 PM

double creek i live in ohio. and buckeye does too. and trust me we got hills creek bottoms and ravines and woods.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:34 PM

Drag!?

Pfft, if he's under 250lbs I hoist him up on my shoulder and carry him out. What kind of pansy are we growing these day's buckeye? [:-]

Old 03-04-2005, 06:45 PM
dws

I used to drag them out in my younger days, I didn't think it was a big deal. But the older you get, you tend to take things a little easier. I used my tractor at home but you can bet I have my game cart in the truck if I hunt away from home.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one left......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.