Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tring to plan summer hunt >

Tring to plan summer hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tring to plan summer hunt

Old 02-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tring to plan summer hunt

I would like to go on a bow hunt in July or August. Does anyone have any ideas of where I can hunt big game or boars in those months? I will be driving from Maine so way out west is out.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:31 AM

Default RE: Tring to plan summer hunt

Probably could do a high fence hog hunt in TX just about any time of year, I think.. You must remember, in July and August in the South with be EXTREMELY HOT!!!! 100 degrees by noon EVERYDAY.... And when you step foot in the woods the mosquitoes will kill you.... Go fishing!!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:10 AM

Where about in Maine?

I don't know about July but I'd get some bait sites going and hunt bruins in your back yard. If you decide to go this route I'd be willing to set baits and share in the work with you. (depending where in the state you are. I'm in York Co and have a hunting camp in Hancock Co.)
Old 02-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

I live in central Kennebec in the expanded Archery zone. I teach up here and was just looking for a fun low cost road trip.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are lots of high fence boar hunts in the northeast and quite a few in PA. Some don't like those, but they are cheap and you can do them year round with a drive of less than 10 hours.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:50 PM

i would go to georgia im going there this week to hunt hogs on fort stewar base, wiht gas food and permits and our cabin its onlyg ona be about 175 round trip and lots and lots of hogs!!
Old 02-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

i would go to georgia im going there this week to hunt hogs on fort stewar base, wiht gas food and permits and our cabin its onlyg ona be about 175 round trip and lots and lots of hogs!!
I am going down there as I do every year the third week in March, Just a week before the opening of Turkey season down there, that the only time you cant hunt boar on Stewart. You do well down there too??
Send me an email, I may be able to give you some insight, or maybe you can give me some depending on the weather and water levels. I know that areas can change there from year to year based on the controled burns they do all the time in the winter and early spring months.