Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 unbelievable arrow penetration stories >

unbelievable arrow penetration stories

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

unbelievable arrow penetration stories

Old 02-28-2005, 05:22 AM

Default unbelievable arrow penetration stories

Does anyone have any stories of arrow penetation on game that truely amazed you? Whether it happened to you or someone else? Let hear them.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:19 AM

Default RE: unbelievable arrow penetration stories

This is not amazing, but did impress me.

About, 10 years ago, I was shoot a 2 cam PSE, can't remember the name, but at the time it was real barn burner. Shooting Muzzy heads with a big old fat aluminum Easton arrow. I had a small rag horn buck ease in on me one afternoon. The shot was 15yds, broadside. Back then I was pulling about 80lbs, so this baby had some freaking KE. The deer was standing right in front of a tree. The shot hit both shoulders squarely, making a loud smack, the arrow penetrated both shoulders and stuck in the tree behind him over an inch deep. For a second there, I had him pegged to the tree!!! It only took him a one good lunge and the arrow snapped, but it was cool to see. He immediately fell, got back up, fell again, then just flopped and rolled for about 15 yards. Both from shoulders were broke and his vitals destroyed.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:54 AM

double creek same thing happend to me but i was usin a 12 gauge and i hit the back legs
Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't know what to call it Luck, nice shot or when bad shots go bad. I had a doe at about 20-25 yds broadside facing to the left. I let loose, the deer ran off to the right and I was upset that I blew a perfect shot.
, I stayed in my stand and searched for my arrow,blood hair etc. with my binos before climbing out. (atleast 20 min) I finally went down for a closer look and nothing. I looked for another 10 min for my arrow in the ground and nothing. I started to walk looking for sign the way way the deer ran , nothing, I know my arrow didn't melt but no hair, no blood. nothing. Then I spot the doe lying dead spread out midstride. Still no sign of a shot, rolled it and nothing, then I spotted it. The deer had jumped the string, spun around and halfway through the spin my arrow hit , yup perfect sphincture shot. The only thing showing were the vains. The deer only traveled 35 - 40 yds and the only spot of blood was 3 feet before the deer. I've heard this was a deadly shot if you can make it. An inch either way and you hit bone and hams. I would never try it or believe it but it happened and seeig is believeing.. Sorry for the length.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

2001...I had a nice 140s 10pt in a scrape while I was on the ground at 25yrds. I had got down early to take my son 'trick or treating". It was Halloween. Took the shot and smoked him right square in the shoulder. The deer turned and had 25" of a 28" arrow sticking out of his shoulder. "Unbelievable" was just one of the words i used!!!![:@]
Old 02-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

I have broke both front shoulders on a doe before but never on a buck. I have had a couple of shoulder hits on nice bucks and both times the arrow fell out after awhile and never penetrated the vitals. The bow I was shooting at the time was much slower than todays bows but I still would never intentially shoot a deer in the shoulder.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:22 PM

My friends 84# patriot can't be stopped

It blew through a brand new deadstoop target, first shot. (skipped about 20 yards past it)

Blew through both shoulders of a P&Y black bear

Blew through an Elk at 70 yards, broke ribs on the way in and a femur on the way out.

Just a few stories
Old 02-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is similar to Double Creek's. I had a doe coming in at about 12 yards and she saw me and froze. At the time I was shooting a High Country 2 cam bow, 31" draw length and about 81# with ACC 3-70s and 125 grain Muzzys. At the shot the deer wheeled towards me and took off. I found my arrow 25 yards on the other side of where she was standing buried in the mud (ground shot). I immediately found blood and followed a blood bath for about 40 yards. I have to this day never seen so much blood, it was everywhere: on the ground sprayed on trees vegetation etc... Anyway when I found the deer, the arrow had gone in perfect behind the shoulder. I rolled her over to find the exit would and could not find one. After a couple of minutes of searching, I finally found it. It had gone in just behind the shoulder on the near side and exited on the far side hindquarter. When we skinned her out, we found that I had cut the femoral artey which explained all of the blood but also her femur and upper hip joint was shattered into 3 pieces.

Believe it or not.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:18 PM

This really isnt amazing but its my first deer so yall are gonna hear about it.

It was only my second hunt ever..i was huntin a fenceline of a cornfield and then the farmer came in his combine, He saw me in my stand and got out to tell me that there was Two does playing around in the field so they might Come my way and he made maybe 3 passes and a Doe cam out of the corner of the last few rows of corn that hadnt been plowed yet. I drew back my bow and had a perfect shot right threw his heart i watched the arrow go threw and when she spun around i saw my arrow in the ground and then watched her drop about 30 yards from my stand. By the way...29" 60# American archery winter hawk.

BB90
Old 02-28-2005, 06:27 PM

I had a buddy I took hunting for the first time. He was using my set up with magnus broadheads and 590 grain arrows. He hit a 8 point buck in the front shoulder(Ball) it went all the way through the deer and went through the back shoulder. Nasty gutting job, however it was good penetration, as well as poor shot selection.