Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you heard?

Old 02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Have you heard?

I don't believe non-resident tags will go up any this year but again they might[&:]......look for some significant changes in other areas as was stated previously. Illinois is facing a federal lawsuit thanks to a group of outfitters that want caps done away with. It seems some of the outfitters would like to manage our deer herds and make the rules.........all in the name of money.

It wouldn't bother me one bit to see all the Pike and Adams county bucks grow tiny anters for a few years...........yeah, that would tickle me to no end!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:00 PM

that really sucks for u guys
Old 02-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to admit a major flip flop on an issue on my part. In the past when I have seen non-residents or outfitters sue a state I have landed on the side of the state. But in this case, if they do pull that crap, I hope the outfitters or a group of NRs get to gether and sue them. I may even start the initiative myself. It won't make any differnce because if they do it, I won't ever go back. Not even if they started selling tags for $50 a piece. I would just like to see them get a little taste of their own medicine. I admit this issue has me a fired up. I just think it's completely ridiculous to raise fees by that much just because they have the power to manipulate people. Hopefully, this info is incorrect and my post here is a waste of time. If not I hope the outfitters have their way with them in court.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got one of the Illinois DNR officials to confirm that they had "heard the rumors" that there was going to be a rate increase though they didn't know for sure. Not a particularly good sign
Old 02-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no problem at all with them raising their NR tags to $475....as long as Wisconsin raises our NR tags to $475. Sure would be alot of Pi$$ed of Illinois residents who hunt in Wisconsin every year.[]
Old 02-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

MN now charges NR the same price as their home state or provinces NR tag those SD res. not going to be happy their days of a $40 fishing license is probly done
Old 02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

We just went through an election were sportsmen played an important part. This is just the way government says thank you for your support.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Old 02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

I have no problem at all with them raising their NR tags to $475....as long as Wisconsin raises our NR tags to $475. Sure would be alot of Pi$$ed of Illinois residents who hunt in Wisconsin every year.[]
Exactly Bowfinatic,I think that this idea sucks.I don't hunt much out of state but do fish Wisconsin,and I would be really pissed if this happened.Sportsmen allways pay the price of mismanaged government.I think that these outfitters here in Illinois are rip off artist anyhow.People need to stop putting so much emphesis on trophies and maybe this bullsh&t would stop.Can;t eat them antlers. Some of us just got to have that wood on the wall it's a show of testotsterone and bravado.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:14 PM

I think all other states should then, charge Illinois residents $475.00 to hunt their state as well. If I'm not mistaken, That's what they do here in Ohio. I have considered hunting in Illinois, but I won't now.