Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good bow or No?

Old 02-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good bow or No?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...424&hasJS=true

Thats the bow i think im gonna buy this year . This year i want to get back into bow hunting heavy. I want to start hunting small game to big game and i think this should be a good bow . If not what would be the best for me?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good bow or No?

Fred Bear is always a good choice. Looks like a pretty good lookin rig to me. Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bow looks good. I would however probably reconsider buying a bow from a website. You will have to bring it in to a shop to get it all fitted for you, and they will charge you because you didn't buy it from them. If you go to a shop, you can shoot many different bows pick the one best for you. They will then set it up usually for free because you bought it there. Little proshops need support they are very beneficial to the archery community.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Looks like a good bow, I'd be proud to own it. Like theNuge15 said though, proshops are the way to go when purchasing a bow. You will at least want to pay one to set the bow up properly if nothing else.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with the nuge! Sound advice.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Good advice, shoot as many different bows as you can before you make your descision. You can't do that at a big box store. Most pro-shops love to take the time and make sure the bow you choose is fit to you.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will also tell you to go to a pro shop and try different bows and see what you like the best.

I will say that the bow is definetly a good one.

However for the $500 price tag there are a good number of bows on the market that I would choose first.

Archery Research, Alpine denalli and yukon, Diamond Archery, A few from Martin archery, PSE firsestorm light, Parker, Reflex.

Shop around before you buy one that you haven't shot. You may regret it if you don't.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:46 AM

My only advice is to shoot some bows before you buy one.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I second all the above...............................good advice from all.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:55 AM

I'd certainly say it's a sweet rig but have you ever shot one? Do you know your DL so that it's a good fit fo you. If you know exactly what you want there are some good deals to be had but if you're just getting back into the sport it likely would be worth a couple of bucks to get set up with a proper fit.

Quick Reply: Good bow or No?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.