Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you heard?

Old 02-10-2005, 09:40 AM

Default RE: Have you heard?

DC,

I haven't seen any of the stats or proposals for this new fee. If it's like you say it is I agree that a zone system might be a better choice. If the populations are as high as you suggest then maybe some E-A-B zones need to be implemented but that itself would also cause an out cry.

If someone has a link to the new changes or proposals I'd love to see them. I didn't see anything on the IL DNR site.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:46 AM

EAB would not go over with NR's. We only have a week, we can't be chasing does around trying to arrow one. Zoning would work great. I hunted private land last season in Southern IL and the deer population down there was rediculous. We literally saw hundreds of deer while riding and hunting. The farmers were begging us to shoot deer. They are considered pests.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, that is a lot of money. I think I'd rather spend it on an Elk tag in Colorado.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:11 AM

Just got off the phone with the DNR, they said they are still waiting on the legistlatures to set the new regs. She said there will definitely be some changes, but she is not sure what at this point...........................The suspense............
Old 02-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I've heard a rumor or two ,
and they just priced out this NR .

If the money was just for the F&G dept. to improve things they'd make a lot more by increasing the levy on the resident hunters since there are vastly more of them , the increase would be very small compared to the screwing they give non-res . Greed will kill hunting there someday . I think I'll just stay home and hut . [&o]
Old 02-10-2005, 10:22 AM

yeh, this is a really good idea, lets do even more to make hunting a sport only for the rich. What about a person that has a couple kids, has moved out of state, and takes the famly back to IL hunt with grandpa every year? You may get higher fees from fewer hunters, but fewer hunters coming to spend money and have an economic impact, so I'm not sure that overall there would be financial gain.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:27 AM

Not certain what I think of the proposed raise...if it's $475 cost then that's a little steep. Here in Georgia NR fees are reasonable....hunting license $59 + Big Game license $118 so for $180 or so you're set to go.

If it is $475 then I think its kinda high.

I do think all hunting fishing permit money should go back to the state's DNR.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:19 AM

$475?? Hope that drops the number of OOS tags to near zero. Would serve them right. What is the penalty for hunting without a tag? Might be cheaper to not buy a tag and take your chances on the fine if you get caught. [:-]
Old 02-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I called last week and tried to do some digging but got the same message that you did DC. I even asked if she had heard the rumor that they were going up and she said "no" she hadn't heard it. I knew there were some other changes that were supposed to take place but I hadn't heard anything on price until the last week or so. If it's correct, they just priced this NR out as well. I am sure it won't make any difference because there are plenty of people that are willing to pay it and I am sure they will still sell out. But they won't get anymore of my money. When you are already paying 1200-1500 to go on a hunt, another 150 is pretty insignificant. But it's just the principle of it to me. I am sure it will make the residents happy and I don't blame them but I will find somewhere else to hunt. Hopefully, next year I will have enough preference points to draw out in Iowa. But it's going to leave me scrambling to find a place to hunt for this year. Which again really sucks because I have a spot lined up that I feel really good about and would have really liked to have hunted for the next few years but if Illinois is just going to hike their leg and p!$$ on the NRs then I'll take my money and spend it somewhere else.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

DNR all over the country are having budgets cut and the money raised by their managment practices and enforcement of the game laws is distrubited throughout the general budgets of the particular states in question. I don't agree with this. If the money is raised by the DNR then I believe it should stay within the DNR. That's my opinion anyways.
I also agree that all funds raised through Illinois Hunting and Trapping and Fishing liscense, Permits, tags, and all funds collected at Illinois State Parks should stay within the IDNR to fund IDNR programs, Conservation, Land Accuisition, Maintence of State Parks, Research, and IDNR staff etc. The IDNR Staff has been cut to a skelital Staff in my local area, and many other area's within Illinois, and the Conservation Policemen and Women are already spread to thin with a understaffed Conservation Police Force and understaffed State Parks.

Quick Reply: Have you heard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.