Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 interested in boar hunting... advice? >

interested in boar hunting... advice?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

interested in boar hunting... advice?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default interested in boar hunting... advice?

alright,

im pondering hunting boar in the south, with my uncle and my father... PREFERABLY archery. i remember there was a member here that owned a ranch. does anyone remember who that was and or if you have been on any boar hunts that you enjoyed and would recomend.

most of you guys know me and know that i am a HUGE archery buff, and i would prefer the bow, but my uncle is the polar opposite. i have a bow that would fit him and he used to shoot pretty avidly, but im sure he wouldnt mind rifle hunting or shotgun hiunting for em.

hopefully you guys can come up with some info for me...

i would like if you have;
the name of the place,
the phone #,
how you liked it,
and what state it was in.

again thank you guys... i have searched the forum for everything from boar to wild pig hunts and came up with nothing...
Old 02-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: interested in boar hunting... advice?

Actually, some of us HNI folks are planning on a boar hunt sometime in May I believe. Send Christine an email ([email protected]) and she'll get you some more information. I don't know much other than we're going to chase a bunch of stinky pigs around the woods for awhile and attempt to shoot them at close range with our bows while trying to avoid being killed. Sounds like a good time to me.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: interested in boar hunting... advice?

I don't know much other than we're going to chase a bunch of stinky pigs around the woods for awhile and attempt to shoot them at close range with our bows while trying to avoid being killed
I don't see how anything could go wrong, there!

Haa Ha!

I'm going to Graham's Turnout (www.grahamsturnout.com) on Friday, 2/11 (yeeeeeee ha!!). Its a trip the owners of my local bowshop put together. The word is that you can shoot 'em w/your bow, your gun, or some of both (3-day trip, limit of 1/day).

It's in SC....Blackville, I believe.

Good luck!

P.S. The HNIJustin...you guys gonna stalk 'em? Sounds AWESOME!!