Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whats up with woman >

whats up with woman

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats up with woman

Old 01-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whats up with woman

I've been married for 10yrs now ,my wife know's just how important hunting is to me so as Extreme 1 said she doesn't contest it .She play's baseball in the summer month's and spend's time with her friends as well. I spend as much time with her and the kid's during these month's .Even during the hunting season we can come to comprimises in order to work thing's out sometime's I have to change plan's so that it doesn't cause friction in the houshold. But I have to say my family is definetly more important than hunting but it definetly rank's 2nd in my life. There is alway's a way to work it out to satisfy both parties ,try to comprimise you'll see that it work's.

nubo
Old 01-24-2005, 08:19 AM

I have the same problem with my girlfriend but I told her from day 1 that when hunting season comes in she knows where I am going to be... and if she has a problem with it then.......dont waste you time. she didn't take it over too well but she understood.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

She should dump YOU. A hobby should never take precedence over a loved one. If you cant see that then you really dont deserve her, or anyone else for that matter. Relationships require a certain amount of maturity that you appartently dont posess yet.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:28 AM

Yeah your right...but I never said it in that harsh of a manner.... we talked it over....[8D][8D]
Old 01-24-2005, 08:32 AM

My wife knows how important hunting is to me and she knows how important it is to me to spend quality time with my family. Plus my hunting season ends when I get an animal. So my family comes with me. We plan on a 9 day hunt so we bring what is necessary. Load up the truck with all the essentials for keeping 3 little kids happy for 9 days. Besides, spending time around the campfire with your loved ones is quality time well spent.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Lets chat

Lets chat in the chat room over this
Old 01-24-2005, 01:03 PM

She understands but as soon as she's done hunting with me the first 2 weeks she thinks i should be done as well. Thats not right. For those of you who say a hobbie shouldnt be more important than my woman obivously are as dedicated as i am to deer. I love my woman more than anything but when your faced with the decision of your deerseason or your woman its hard cause i cant see myself without either of them. Im glad your woman understand but i bet deep down they cant stand it.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:21 PM

Im glad your woman understand but i bet deep down they cant stand it.
I strongly disagree. My wife lets me do whatever I want, and buy whatever I want. As long as I make time for her and the kids and as long as we have the money after all the bills are paid. She wants me to go hunting, but it is our understanding that her and the kids are coming along. I lost a great hunting party due to this. They wanted me to leave them home. I told them that if they didnt except me AND my family, then I wouldnt hunt with them ever. If anybody knows me, do not make me choose between a hobbie and my family. the hobbie (or whatever) will lose. My family comes first and foremost.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:56 PM

I had this problem at home too. They say marriage is a compromise right? Too bad we couldn't agree on what a compromise is!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:19 AM

I think something can be said for the time apart that hunting creates. I would never bring a girl friend / wife hunting because its my time and I cherish the alone time. For all the guys that said "love should come before hunting" what happens when your loved one gets in between you and your love of hunting. I your partner will not let you do something you love and enjoy doing maybe they're deviating from love and leaning towards selfishness.

I have lost some hunting buddies because they got married and their wives wouldn't let them go hunting anymore.
...Amen, to that.

Quick Reply: whats up with woman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.