Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finger Shooters String Torque >

Finger Shooters String Torque

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finger Shooters String Torque

Old 01-22-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Finger Shooters String Torque

Was wondering how other finger shooters hold the string. I use three fingers one above the nock and two below. I've shot this way for years. Had a problem every once in a while with my arrow coming off the rest because of string pinch. Recently while drawing a bow at a shop that was set up w/ a TM hunter rest my arrow kept coming off the rest during my draw. I tried several times and could not get the bow drawn w/ out the arrow coming off. Some one suggested that I put all three fingers under the nock and draw it that way. Will I did it, and to my suprise I pulled the arrow right back on the rest, w/ out the string pinch causing the arrow to come off. My question is does anyone know exactly whats causing my string pinch w/ my method compared to the three fingers under the rest, and how do I remedy it. Or should I just get used to the three fingers under style? My only concern w/ this is that I switched to a whisker biscuit, and w, all three fingers under that changes my sight line when drawn to darn near straight down the arrow, so I'm afraid the biscuit is going to be right there in my sight picture.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finger Shooters String Torque

I shoot split-finger with a tab and I get the string in the joint right behind the fingertips and pull with my back-not my arm.If you're pulling the arrow off the rest,you're most likely bending the wrist resulting in you torquing the string.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 2 fingers under with a kisser button as a stop under the arrow
Old 01-22-2005, 01:48 PM

1 above 2 under. The tiller was most likely out of whack. It needs to be shorter in the lower limb. Also solocams are know for this problem. Three under is junk in my opinion[:'(]. Two under is popular however It's not for me. Any bow that is set up correctly can be shot with fingers without having the arrow come off the rest. Other than when the three idiots are at work.[&:]